Duke4.net Forums: Mapster32 r7624 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mapster32 r7624  "3D mode / view to look up shortcut key"

User is offline   Paul B 

There appears to be a problem in Mapster 3D mode with the ability to look up. "Ctrl + Alt + A" looks down but "Ctrl + Alt + Z" doesn't look up.

The Wiki Article here:
https://wiki.eduke32...yboard_Commands

Under the section:
Mapster 32 keys — 3D mode
Indicates the keys for looking up and down are just "Ctrl A" & "Ctrl Z" But this isn't accurate. It requires the use of both Ctrl & Alt + A or Z typically from what I can recall.

Ctrl + Alt + Z Appears to be associated with the "Undo" function instead of the Look-up in 3d Mode.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 03 May 2019 - 09:20 AM

User is offline   Mark 

I've been using just control a or z for a long time.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

The wiki article is out of date. A recent change added support for the undo functionality in 3D mode. However, you are not the first to complain about the change, so the "3dundo" setting was implemented into mapster32.cfg to allow reverting to the original behavior.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Hendricks266, on 03 May 2019 - 10:23 AM, said:

The wiki article is out of date. A recent change added support for the undo functionality in 3D mode. However, you are not the first to complain about the change, so the "3dundo" setting was implemented into mapster32.cfg to allow reverting to the original behavior.

However, the key combination is still changed to alt+A/Z with that option set. It just disables the undo/redo hotkeys so that anyone who makes use of looking up/down via keyboard doesn't accidentally undo changes they've made to their maps due to muscle memory.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

hit F3 and use mouselook

frickin' uncultured savages

User is offline   Mark 

Hmm, I've been mapping 9-10 years and didn't know about F3. Its kinda handy. Now I'm one of the Hoi Polloi. <_<
( google that one bitches )

This post has been edited by Mark: 04 May 2019 - 05:40 PM

User is offline   Loke 

Mark, on 04 May 2019 - 05:38 PM, said:

Hmm, I've been mapping 9-10 years and didn't know about F3. Its kinda handy. Now I'm one of the Hoi Polloi. <_<
( google that one bitches )

And if you didn't already know press F5 for UnrealED mouse navigation. Press and hold left mouse button and move it forward and backward and you'll do the same in 3D mode. Press and hold both left and right mouse buttons using the same motion as before to ascend and descend in 3D mode or left or right to move the camera left or right. It's super friggin' handy.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I tried guys, I tried... but couldn't prevent this from happening <_<

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options