Duke4.net Forums: Help for the hud - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help for the hud  "Progress and ameliorated"

User is offline   F!re-Fly 

Hello!

I open a new thread dedicated to hud. I wish I could post here my problems with Carribean items.

I will reflect on the problem addressed.

I would like to add items that can be independent with the originals. For example, replace the armor with the Carribean lotion when the player chooses one of them and vice versa.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

I think what Caribbean does is override the graphic used and change the displayed text in one of the CONs.

If you want both then you would have to code a new object specifically for the lotion. This would also mean editing the Caribbean maps to replace the armors with the new object.

For armor and lotion, I'll simply put the two sprites on the screen without replacing the items. I'll see more for the medkit, night vision, scuba, and boots. Surely also the Holoduke with a hologram of Duke dressed in the Caribbean?

To display the lotion on the screen next to the armor, there is no problem.

The only thing missing is that the icon turns off when you change the presentation of the hud.
Display with the bar, without the bar, or with nothing at all.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Yes but as far as the game is concerned they are the same object, it's just the graphic that has changed for it

First thing to do. How to replace the icon of an item when Duke finds it? For example, when Duke finds the armor, it appears normally and when he finds the lotion, it replaces the icon without changing the function of the object.

I forgot to specify one thing. Is it possible to know the coding of the original hud displayed in the game? It could help me to progress.

I will try again, to add a new weapon. I can not find on the wiki, the exact positions of the weapons displayed on the screen or even an example of a script. It could go faster for all Caribbean weapons.

This post has been edited by Firefly_Trooper: 20 July 2019 - 06:17 AM

Hello. I post a new request, even if the response will be late.

Is it possible to add elements to the hud, while keeping the original of Eduke32?

I added the diving mask of the beta version and the original hud is below. How to proceed ?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Yes. Plenty of mods have that feature, study their code and learn how it works.

View Postjimmy is a stupid fuck, on 22 June 2020 - 11:23 AM, said:

Yes. Plenty of mods have that feature, study their code and learn how it works.

I can manage to add new elements to the original hud, but I would like to keep it.

How do I get different views? Is this the screen_size command?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options