Duke4.net Forums: Lunatic Fringe "flashing" - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lunatic Fringe "flashing"

you can see it in the beginning (around the 2 or 3 seconds mark) sometimes you can see the other "side" of lunatic fringe, but just for a split second, you blink you'll miss it. it' seems to be random, doesn't always happens on the same spot.

i'm using r7618.

also, some texture clipping in e2l1 and e4l3

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 29 April 2019 - 12:57 PM

I feel like these particular bugs, including the flashing, have existed even long before the recent changes to the collision code.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostDoom64hunter, on 30 April 2019 - 06:12 AM, said:

I feel like these particular bugs, including the flashing, have existed even long before the recent changes to the collision code.

^this

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I think so too. I suspect that it has something to do with particular combinations of angles and coordinates allowing the entire "ring" of the map to pass the visibility checks but I haven't dug into it too much. I don't know that I ever would have noticed it if I wasn't explicitly looking for cases where weird shit happens.

yeah, first time i noticed it i thought it was just my mind playing tricks, so i walked around the map for a couple of minutes and it happened 3 or 4 more times

Those texture clipping issues have been around for a long time. IIRC they were introduced along with the disappearing triangle issue, but this has already been fixed.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options