Duke4.net Forums: Dunno if mentioned before or not but Aiming up and down wont work sometimes - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dunno if mentioned before or not but Aiming up and down wont work sometimes  "And some TROR issues in EDuke32 r7618 (April 20 2019)"

User is offline   Zaxtor 

When you Press End and Home sometime it wont respond at all to look up and down for aiming (aiming up and down)
Is random.
times it works
Sometimes it wont work at all almost making you think your buttons are broken.
If you press PgUp and PgDown and then End or Home right after before the player restore to default (looking ahead) you can bypass the bug and aim up or down.

And some minor TROR hom / slime trails, less severe than older Eduke32 in classic and polymost mode.

While we virtually no longer see the hom from corners of TROR when we goto edge of it
nor the hom in hexagon TROR etc,

There could still be hom if you do a star shaped TROR (not the hom version) but cropping version but It can be masked with sprites...
Only occur of the TROR goes halfway through the floor or ceiling.

Posted Image

Also in more complex TROR in certain area it causes vanishing, Hom, and other type of vanishing can be "masked" with a sprite and some slimetrail (sometimes)
Posted Image

These bugs does not exist in Polymer mode.
not as I know of.

For latest mapster of April 20 (one comes with r7618
When you switch to 3Dmode from 2Dmode and 2Dmode to 3Dmode it freezes for several seconds before proceeding.

Also Eduke32 r7618 has a slow loading time when you load a map.
Sometime the map can take several minutes to load (loading textures in polymost mode)

To look up and down in Mapster (latest one)
Ctrl+Z and Ctrl+A wont work at all

PS
the projectile through transparent and explosions are fixed thx.

PPS

Comp spec incase needed.

I use Intel Core i5-7400CPU 3.00Ghz - 4core, 4thread
Windows 10
All Dukes works fine.

I need to get nore ram tho
I have 8GB DDR4

Video Card
NVIDIA
EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 04G-P4-6251-KR
4GB GDDR5 ACX 2.0 single fan
1290Mhz base clock
1392Mhz Boost clock
65GT/s Texture fill rate
7008Mhz Memory clock
112.16GB/s Memory bandwidth

etc

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

TROR doesn't work with concave shapes, it has to be convex.

Recent TROR improvements merely made polymost TROR use same routines as classic TROR, reaching parity with it.
TROR has never worked fully in classic and even less with polymost.
Polymer has a completely different implementation that is the most compatible but exclusive.

If you have issues with other than concave shapes, try to split areas. i.e. horseshoe shaped sectors that surround TROR areas tends to cause issues, try to split this so that the TROR edges "cut" the surrounding sectors. Horseshoe would be 3 sectors (Left/top/right).

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I see.

Weird thing is the thing works but bugs in certain area where player stands.
the one in polymost I can just "mask it with a sprite same shape as the texture".

Also the unresponsive aiming up and down with "End and Home in classic mode"
Does any1 else get it?

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostZaxtor, on 27 April 2019 - 02:03 AM, said:

I see.

Weird thing is the thing works but bugs in certain area where player stands.
the one in polymost I can just "mask it with a sprite same shape as the texture".

Also the unresponsive aiming up and down with "End and Home in classic mode"
Does any1 else get it?

Zaxtor you're not alone. These are known problems and I think over time the team is trying hard to make Polymost work properly with TROR but they just aren't there yet.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Current implementation is to reach parity with classic, is something doesn't work there, don't expect polymost to work either <_<

I'll have to interject here that a new implementation is not currently in the plans but maybe once the dust settles on IM, things can be looked in to more. (?)
Current improvements are all thanks to Nuke.YKT, however the lower hanging fruits are gone as making it better would require more extensive reworking.
Not to mention that one big motivator here has been ROR for things like nblood, etc.. And now everything up to that is A-ok

User is offline   Nuke.YKT 

Yeah, polymost TROR fix was a evolution of polymost ROR fix i did for nblood and nredneck.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I see
Some non concave TROR can act up especially complex "cubic" and minimalist concave, rounded, star etc TROR
but less than the star, concave etc

Some does the minor "Cropping" but I put a sprite to emit texture to mask it np

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options