16 gb ram
7200 rpm HDD

playing in classic mode, full screen, 1920x1080

can't get in from one direction, can't get out from the other direction

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Is this related to this?

View Postbrullov, on 18 April 2019 - 02:37 AM, said:

Hey, I have got a little problem here. TROR blocks player if he jumps on sprite. How can I resolve it?

Posted Image

EDIT: Works fine in older builds.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

it's similar to part 2 of the problem in the video when approaching the tror sector from the other side of the teleporter, but the first character isn't trying to jump, it's simply trying to walk across the sector line

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

View PostForge, on 19 April 2019 - 09:48 AM, said:

it's similar to part 2 of the problem in the video when approaching the tror sector from the other side of the teleporter, but the first character isn't trying to jump, it's simply trying to walk across the sector line

Looks like you can't cross TROR line staying on sprite. Cause using jet pack is ok.

User is offline   Forge 

in the case of the example I shown, a jetpack does not work - I didn't build it, but I suspect the "top" of the tror sector goes all the way to the ceiling of the sector its "connected" to.
The player has to be able to walk through the "invisible walls" of the tror sector.

It would be as if you put a hole in a ceiling of a room and that hole led to a room directly above the one you're in - jetpacking would allow you to fly up the hole and to the ceiling of the room above you, but you wouldn't be able to leave the hole sector.
If you managed to get into the above room via another route, you would not be able to enter the hole sector to drop down it to the room below.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I had an issues like that when one of my sprite was semi inside TROR (crossing)

so you pass through sprite above TROR line while bottom of sprite is inside other TROR part.

I put 2 inv sprites

One on upper part
One on lower part
so player doens't enter the stairs (inside part)

User is offline   Forge 

The issue I reported is fixed in r7618.

Thank you dev team.

User is offline   Paul B 

But it re introduces the teleportation bug surfacing from water. They have made massive improvements lately. Getting more playable all the time.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 21 April 2019 - 04:46 AM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostPaul B, on 21 April 2019 - 04:45 AM, said:

But it re introduces the teleportation bug surfacing from water. They have made massive improvements lately. Getting more playable all the time.

which snapshot fixed that?
I've looked at r7576 to r7618, and that issue was present in all of them (at least in the pool outside the AMC base - I didn't check vanilla maps).
I could have easily missed that though, there were a lot of issues and bad fps problems over that span of time.

This post has been edited by Forge: 21 April 2019 - 05:53 AM

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostForge, on 21 April 2019 - 05:49 AM, said:

which snapshot fixed that?
I've looked at r7576 to r7618, and that issue was present in all of them (at least in the pool outside the AMC base - I didn't check vanilla maps).
I could have easily missed that though, there were a lot of issues and bad fps problems over that span of time.

I can't remember which one as there were multiple attempts at improving it. It was improving however it seems to have regressed with the last update. But i'm sure they are well aware of the problem.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options