Duke4.net Forums: weird pipebomb bounce - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

weird pipebomb bounce

it happens when the pipe hits the head of the enemy (or, i guess, the top of the sprite) they bounce and start sliding all over the place, also you can't pick them back.

here in derelict they're bouncing off the enemies below

i'm using r7611

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 19 April 2019 - 08:47 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Weird glitch
is like a you throw a pipebomb on extremely slippy ice or a zero Viscosity pipebomb, (slides forever).

Is with the latest Eduke32 right?

User is offline   necroslut 

Probably not helpful, but I clearly remember pipebomb behavior very similar to this this being in ED32 a few years back. That stuck around for what seemed like a couple of years.
It would trigger seemingly randomly, but almost always when throwing a pipebomb out of a vent, such as the one leading backstage in the E1L2 strip club – possibly due to bouncing on the enemy below.

This post has been edited by necroslut: 22 April 2019 - 03:39 AM

View PostZaxtor, on 21 April 2019 - 10:31 PM, said:

Weird glitch
is like a you throw a pipebomb on extremely slippy ice or a zero Viscosity pipebomb, (slides forever).

Is with the latest Eduke32 right?

yeah r7618 still happens

User is online   FistMarine 

Just like necroslut said, I also remember this glitch first happening many years ago (back in 2010-2011) where you throw the pipebomb on the head of an enemy and starts sliding all over place without being able to pick up again. I thought that it was fixed a few years ago because I don't remember the bug happening as of lately, so I'm surprised to see it again.

bump, still happening in r7657

Fixed in r7749, Thanks. I tend to use pipebombs a lot so it was driving me crazy :D

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Holy shit, no snapshots in over a month, and suddenly we get 7 updates in one day!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options