Duke4.net Forums: Release 7470 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Release 7470  "Quirks"

User is offline   Paul B 

I realize a lot of changes and work have happened recently with Eduke32. I was testing out Polymost with the latest builds to see how it now handles TROR. The frame rate is a welcome improvement but it still struggles with some visual glitches and simple use of TROR. More evident with Sloped TROR extended sectors. Hopefully these can be sorted out at a later date because I really love the performance, look and feel of Polymost.

Some concerns I have:

1) Mirror's don't seem to reflect Duke, Items, Enemies, or Shrinker shots.

2) A S.E Teleportation through an extended TROR water sector where the ceiling and floor are blockable really doesn't work well now. When surfacing from under water, the under water tag seems to treat the entire above water sector surface as a lowtag of 2 after a teleport occurs.

3) I've encountered some minor problems with sprite ladders not working as intended.

What I have found is the AI seems to navigate a lot better around TROR and sprite objects using the most current EDuke. (Not sure if this is a coincidence).

This post has been edited by Paul B: 31 March 2019 - 09:42 PM

Hi, i went (just finished really) though the entire game noting bugs in r7470 and posted them here (scroll down, there's more).
it wasn't a 100% run so i probably missed a few (and be few i mean a lot, probably :lol: )

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 31 March 2019 - 10:30 PM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Shows what I reported earlier. Rockets go through walls in some places. Also notice at 0:06 instead of spawning EXPLOSION2BOT on the ground, it spawn an upside down regular explosion sprite.

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostLazy Dog, on 31 March 2019 - 10:27 PM, said:

Hi, i went (just finished really) though the entire game noting bugs in r7470 and posted them here (scroll down, there's more).
it wasn't a 100% run so i probably missed a few (and be few i mean a lot, probably :lol: )

Thanks! Never thought of checking there. Looks like a very thorough report, nice work!

This post has been edited by Paul B: 01 April 2019 - 07:35 AM

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

A pity that this wonderful improvement of Polymost introduced so many new problems. I hope the coding guys manage to get everything fixed without having to revert anything.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options