Duke4.net Forums: Gotham - Original Version - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gotham - Original Version

User is online   Lunick 

• Snazzy Ex Tazzy

Lee has generously put up a video of the original Gotham

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• Buy Mage's Initiation!

He noted on his Facebook group that it was originally meant to have a slap bass section and more active percussion similar to Stalker which he preferred but as he put it it "didn't pass the George Filter" which means Broussard didn't like it. I must say I like them both. I'm so used to in-game version, though. But the more lively bass and drums really gives it new life.

User is online   Ninety-Six 

This is awesome. Gotham was always my favorite song. This version is not as drastically different as I expected, but that's not a bad thing. The stronger bass is interesting, though I think I prefer the song without it; I do however like the slightly stronger melody near the end of the loop and the choir backing. That's neat.

User is offline   Rimantas 

Very cool version! Is it possible to download midi somewhere?

User is offline   Perro Seco 

Is this the same version from here? I can't recognize it because instruments sound different, but it would be very cool to have the midi file, so we can use it in our mods. :)

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• A legacy so far removed, One day will be improved.

View PostRimantas, on 31 March 2019 - 04:10 AM, said:

Along with a recorded version on real hardware in FLAC.

User is offline   Radar 

• Banned on TheGearPage

The slap bass guitar and double hi-hat pattern on the drums is sick. What unit is this recorded with? Just an SC-55?

This post has been edited by Radar: 31 March 2019 - 07:06 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• Buy Mage's Initiation!

Definitely not an SC-55. Probably the same later model that he used for World Tour. I forget which one it is. Or it could be plugins. I just can't remember what setup he's using now.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 31 March 2019 - 01:35 PM

User is offline   Rimantas 

I have read that Duke 3D soundtrack was composed with SC-88. I think it's obvious it was used to make original record.

User is offline   Darkus 

View PostRimantas, on 31 March 2019 - 04:10 AM, said:

I would also like to listen the original version of xplasma.mid

User is offline   Avoozl 

Gotham was such a melancholic theme in the game.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options