Duke4.net Forums: Duke coming to the Nintendo Switch (Bulletstorm) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke coming to the Nintendo Switch (Bulletstorm)

User is offline   Tedades 

Bulletstorm will be coming to the Nintendo Switch with the playable Duke Nukem character.

Announcement:

Video of Duke Nukem gameplay Bulletstorm (not on a Switch):

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

I just feel bad for Bulletstorm at this point...

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Considering how excessively GB is trying to associate Duke with Bulletstorm by now, it almost feels like they are regretting badly not having put him there since the very beginning. Sorry, but I find it kinda pathetic. And also unworthy of the Duke franchise in general.

At least it makes me twice as grateful for the creative and enjoyable output in this community which helps to at least forget about this embarrassing development for a while.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 30 March 2019 - 04:58 AM

It's not like they can release DNF for Switch. Even though the rights to the character belong to Gearbox, the publishing rights to the game belong to 2K. 2K doesn't want to release DNF on anything, and we all know Randy is 2K's bitch.

What I want is a playable Duke Nukem in a Spec Ops: The Line re-release! :lol:

View PostNightFright, on 30 March 2019 - 04:53 AM, said:

Considering how excessively GB is trying to associate Duke with Bulletstorm by now, it almost feels like they are regretting badly not having put him there since the very beginning. Sorry, but I find it kinda pathetic. And also unworthy of the Duke franchise in general.

To be fair, Duke Nukem could work as a character in a Bulletstorm game if his presence was properly justified by the story. For Bulletstorm 2, they could go with a "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century" type of premise with a cryogenically-frozen/stuck-in-stasis Duke Nukem being found and reanimated by Grayson's crew in the 26th century, causing him to reinvent himself as a space pirate, complete with a rougher yet more practical outfit. I reckon a Duke Nukem 3D-style arsenal - especially the more exotic weapons - could be fun in a Bulletstorm game.

Heck, that would be a perfect opportunity for a Doom 2016 parody, with the game starting in a similar manner, only for Duke to discover upon awakening inside an overrun Confederacy of Planets facility that, unlike the Doomslayer, nobody actually gives a shit about him now and his only chance of survival is to tag along with Grayson's crew who just happened to be raiding the facility for unrelated reasons.

This post has been edited by johnnythewolf: 30 March 2019 - 12:00 PM

User is offline   ---- 

View PostNightFright, on 30 March 2019 - 04:53 AM, said:

... it almost feels like they are regretting badly not having put him there since the very beginning.

Wasn't Bulletstorm published by EPIC in the beginning?

EDIT: And didn't they even buy People Can Fly and later sold them again? Too lazy to look it up.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 30 March 2019 - 02:37 PM

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

No, it was published by EA. Not sure about buying/selling though, but I remember that the rights for the game were owned by People Can Fly and not EA, so they were just a publisher.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostSledgehammer, on 30 March 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

No, it was published by EA. Not sure about buying/selling though, but I remember that the rights for the game were owned by People Can Fly and not EA, so they were just a publisher.

You are right, PCF was owned by EPIC but the game was published by EA. PCS was even named Epic Games Poland for a while.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 30 March 2019 - 10:57 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options