Duke4.net Forums: Happy 25th Birthday, Elder Scrolls - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Happy 25th Birthday, Elder Scrolls

User is offline   jkas789 

View PostAvoozl, on 24 October 2021 - 12:47 AM, said:

I tried getting into Daggerfall again after all these years but its flaws stuck out more like a sore thumb this time around, by the time I maxed out most attributes and weapon skills I was still finding various enemies like health sponges, I also couldn't stand the ridiculously mazey dungeons and despite the extended draw distance of the Unity port, it still takes ages to travel between places so you are pretty much forced to use the fast travel system. I still wholeheartedly love Morrowind and while it did take away features Daggerfall had it also added plenty of new features in return unlike the later games which removed much more than they added.

Have you tried a modded Daggerfall via Daggerfall Unity? There are AFAIK a lot of mods that remedy your problems.

So in absence of a proper Elder Scrolls thread, i'm posting this here:

Looks neat

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Ah so "Survival Mode" will be free now. When Special Edition first came out it was a paid extra IIRC.

EDIT: Oh snap, EVERYTHING from the Creation Club is now included for free??

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 29 October 2021 - 04:08 PM

View Postjkas789, on 29 October 2021 - 01:18 PM, said:

Ugh.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 29 October 2021 - 04:50 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Hey at least it's free and not another new version of the game we have to pay full price for.

View PostLazy Dog, on 29 October 2021 - 04:42 PM, said:

Ugh.

As someone who actively modded the game (and still does private mods this days) I am on two sides of the fence. On one hand I'm annoyed Bethesda did not make it easier for the community and used the dll solution to connecting to Xbox live. On the other had, at least from what has been released on the trailers, we are getting a lot of new stuff to play with. I for one am interested in the new Ayleid dungeon assets that were hinted in the trailer. Which look a hell of a lot better than the ones we have from the community.

Oh yeah, I guess anyone who is interested on how the new update to Skyrim Special Edition will break the modding scene again can read it here.

TLDR: SKSE plugins wont work because new update rapes a new whole into SKSE.

This post has been edited by jkas789: 31 October 2021 - 04:42 AM

It impresses me the amount of effort some people go to shit post:

This post has been edited by jkas789: 10 November 2021 - 04:49 PM

The anniversary edition has dropped.

Attached Image: Screenshot_20211110_230722.png

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View Postjkas789, on 10 November 2021 - 04:49 PM, said:

It impresses me the amount of effort some people go to shit post:

I'm getting to realise that Morrowind is indeed a very special game.

I cannot say that I got particularly carried away with it myself (it's fun, but I seem to rather prefer Daggerfall's dungeoneering to Morrowind's wilderness trekking), and I cannot quite travel back in time mentally to appreciate it the way when it was new, but I have a very deep respect for the solid and thought out storytelling in this game. (My personal impression of MW is that of an interactive illustrated novel.)

Oh, and I also loved this, discovered via that TES review channel that I posted earlier:

User is offline   MrFlibble 

I'm not sure if I should start a separate thread for this, but every once in a while I'm checking on the Daggerfall Unity Forums, and there is some very active development of various projects which involve the creation of "old school" character sprites of amazing quality -- something tells me that our resident modders, artists and generally connoisseurs of video game art will appreciate these.

First, a selection of charming NPC flats:
https://forums.dfwor...opic.php?t=5599
Some examples:
Spoiler

And then there is a huge selection of complete monsters and characters with full sets of animations:
https://forums.dfwor...opic.php?t=5817
This includes high-resolution recreations of some Arena monsters, as well as several completely new characters made in the same style as original Daggerfall sprites by Mark Jones. The entire set is available for download from GitHub.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options