Duke4.net Forums: Bloodlines 2 announced - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bloodlines 2 announced

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

Chris Avellone and Brian Mitsoda are involved, which is good news, but then there's this: https://www.oneangry...bversion/80691/

I still have some hopes for the project, but some of the statements made by the devs has me scratching my head. What politics were in the original? Why do they think the original game was "of its time"? It honestly sounds like they're trying to make the most SJW-pandering game ever.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Posted Image
Posted Image

http://archive.is/L6gwW

The game should have came many years ago. Now I kind of doubt this going to be good, besides politics they already are doing another DLC/season pass despite the game coming out in 2021. I know this is a Paradox game but fuck them with their greedy scamming practices like every other publisher. Still, I'll get it to my wishlist I guess to get where the shitshow will go since the first one is definitely one of my favorite games and I like vampires setting (the classical one preferably). I feel like masochist who greatly enjoys his suffering at this point.

Also

This is an action RPG, but it also feels like an immersive sim in the vein of Dishonored.

is concerning, not to mention a lot of other typical marketing buzzwords used there. Not that I expect an actual role playing in a game with this kind of trailer, it says "no actual gameplay", sure, but the trailer is just boring, very typical generic action mixed with cinematic oriented crap and likely is trying to give an idea what to expect. I'm betting on usual catering to casuals who never ever played the original game but heard something about it at some point. And the game going to take place in Seattle, by the way, quite weird choice.

Almost forgot to elaborate on greedy practice:
Posted Image

EDIT: And a few more juicy bits from article in the OP:
Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 22 March 2019 - 04:23 AM

Just care about the gameplay, don't care about any unnecessary or excessive political correctness or political incorrectness, as long as it is well contextualized and it does not make the plot stupid/pretentious like Hatred or "social problem sensibilization" rape game does.

Anyway, let's not forget that the first is one of those games that has "forced" the fans to make a massive unofficial patch to fix every bug that Troika left in the final product, and they continue to add stuff even today. I hope the technical side is not left too much to itself this time.

• banned!

View PostFantinaikos, on 22 March 2019 - 03:50 AM, said:

Just care about the gameplay, don't care about any unnecessary or excessive political correctness or political incorrectness, as long as it is well contextualized and it does not make the plot stupid/pretentious like Hatred or "social problem sensibilization" rape game does.

Anyway, let's not forget that the first is one of those games that has "forced" the fans to make a massive unofficial patch to fix every bug that Troika left in the final product, and they continue to add stuff even today. I hope the technical side is not left too much to itself this time.

I get what you're saying and I too hope that whatever political agenda they're trying to push will involve various choices, such as which character to side with, etc. My guess is they'll penalize the "wrong" choice, though. As for the original, curiously enough I did not encounter any game breaking bugs with just the Troika patch. It was simply unfinished so they threw in a bunch of boring battles near the end. For me what made it work was the world building and the excellent writing. Characters seemed like real people with their own motivations, unlike the soulless NPCs of games like Oblivion that are there only to give you quests.

Reminds me of Sims 3 vampires, by the way.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 22 March 2019 - 08:04 AM

• banned!

View PostSledgehammer, on 22 March 2019 - 08:02 AM, said:

Reminds me of Sims 3 vampires, by the way.
Posted Image

"Sure, your character is a monster, but that doesn't make not having consent ok"

Just reading that is funny to me.

User is offline   Avoozl 

I've attempted to try the first game a number of times but something turned me away from it every time.

This post has been edited by Avoozl: 22 March 2019 - 07:36 PM

View Postthricecursed, on 22 March 2019 - 04:49 AM, said:

I get what you're saying and I too hope that whatever political agenda they're trying to push will involve various choices, such as which character to side with, etc.

This is how they kind of played it out in the original. To clarify, the original has various characters with different political views, including actual commie vampires as well and those characters are hardly presented as right or wrong. Though there are anarchs as well which rather have anarchist views and siding with them means bad ending.

View Postthricecursed, on 22 March 2019 - 04:49 AM, said:

My guess is they'll penalize the "wrong" choice, though.

This is my bet, especially since this Cara Ellison is involved and penalizing various choices would be nothing new because this is how it works with modern AAA "RPGs" anyway for many years. Dishonored 2 on which she worked too is a piece of shit thanks to her contribution as well. Not to mention that "appeal to more people this time" bullshit, this means a big no-no to a game like Bloodlines which is extremely complex compared to new games in general, almost like original Deus Ex which is closest and which also had no worthy successor or sequel to this day. And granted it's coming to consoles too which will be their main focus no doubt, just like all the time it happens with AAA video games, meanwhile the first Bloodlines is a PC exclusive.

I'm expecting an action RPG (big emphasis on action) with a huge political focus, the only thing they can't fucking shut up about, possibly with Twilight vampires even. Kind of like Vampyr.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 22 March 2019 - 11:02 PM

• banned!

View PostSledgehammer, on 22 March 2019 - 10:45 PM, said:

This is how they kind of played it out in the original. To clarify, the original has various characters with different political views, including actual commie vampires as well and those characters are hardly presented as right or wrong. Though there are anarchs as well which rather have anarchist views and siding with them means bad ending.

When I said "what politics in the original", what I meant was that the characters represent the classic right/left divide and they're clearly within the lore and not making some heavy handed reference to modern day politics. BTW, this was the good anarch ending:

Oh yeah, don't even mention Vampyr. Huge disappointment.

View Postthricecursed, on 23 March 2019 - 01:22 AM, said:

When I said "what politics in the original", what I meant was that the characters represent the classic right/left divide and they're clearly within the lore and not making some heavy handed reference to modern day politics.

Well yes, that's correct. That said, they kind of already raping the lore by saying that we're supposed to play as thin-blooded (unless they misused the word which means they don't really respect the lore either way) and I noticed it just now.

• banned!

The devs have definitely been made aware of people's concerns regarding the game, lol. https://steamcommuni...72002756732112/

"Originally posted by Smig:
They know not to get too close to real world politics. Paradox dismissed White Wolf's leadership and brought them under direct control after it botched a book by using real world killings of LGBT people in Chechnya as a backdrop for its story."

Dunno if true, but I'm not gonna be more negative than I have to be. We'll see when some gameplay videos come out.

I can certainly say that I don't trust them and this looks like typical damage control to me, all of this crap isn't even pure speculation, the devs themselves are saying proudly all of this bullshit about their politics. The good thing is that people are pissed off about this though and are getting tired of shitty forced politics in video games. Also, the point about them appealing to wider audience (read as making casual game) still stands.

But I'll keep my eyes on the game. If it's going to be typical AAA trash pseudo-RPG filled with shitty politics I won't be surprised in the slightest, however, the only thing I'd regret in this case like usual is another pointless usage of established franchise for nothing, same with vampire setting. One thing I definitely know 100% is that it won't surpass the original.

I'm kind of glad that Bloodrayne is dead, by the way.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 23 March 2019 - 03:15 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options