Duke4.net Forums: How to Install Blood Shareware - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to Install Blood Shareware

Now that there is a good sourceport for Blood, I feel like giving it a shot and try out the Shareware version that the game seems to have. However, I am not sure how to proceed.

Is Blood Shareware supported by BloodGDX? If so, where can I get it and how do I install it on Windows 7 x64? I have tried a couple installers, but compatibility issues prevent them from working.

Thanks in advance.

User is offline   m210® 

I tested bloodgdx with shareware v1.10, not sure about v1.00, but 1.10 worked fine for me.

For launch ut, you just need installed shareware game, JRE and bloodgdx.jar.

Okay, but how do I install the shareware? None of the installers seem to work in Win 7 x64.

User is offline   deus-ex 

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 28 February 2019 - 02:46 PM, said:

Okay, but how do I install the shareware? None of the installers seem to work in Win 7 x64.

Blood is a game released for MSDOS, consequently the installer requires a running DOS environment. I downloaded the Shareware version of Blood v1.11, installed it in a DOSBox session and archived the installed game for you into a 7-Zip archive: download

Wow! I certainly did not expect as much. Thanks a lot!

Unfortunately, Blood GDX cannot find the Blood resources... :/

This post has been edited by johnnythewolf: 28 February 2019 - 07:08 PM

User is offline   m210® 

BloodGdx checking this files:
"blood.ini",
"blood.rff",
"sounds.rff",
"tiles000.art",
"tables.dat",
"surface.dat",

View Postm210®, on 28 February 2019 - 07:15 PM, said:

BloodGdx checking this files:
"blood.ini",
"blood.rff",
"sounds.rff",
"tiles000.art",
"tables.dat",
"surface.dat",

For the shareware releases (v0.99 through v1.11) the file containing the textures/tiles is named SHARE000.ART instead of TILES000.ART. Judging by its filesize (~15.5 MB) it appears to contain textures/tiles which usually span from TILES000.ART to TILES0017.ART in the full version of the game. You probably need to add support for SHARE000.ART to BloodGDX in order to be able to run it. Note that the contents of SHARE000.ART and the filessize slightly vary between the shareware releases.

The various Shareware releases of Blood can be downloaded here: http://dukertcm.com/...lood-shareware/

Renaming SHARE000.ART to TILES000.ART allows BloodGDX to start up, but it cannot load the main menu.

This post has been edited by deus-ex: 01 March 2019 - 02:51 AM

User is offline   m210® 

View Postdeus-ex, on 01 March 2019 - 02:36 AM, said:

You probably need to add support for SHARE000.ART to BloodGDX in order to be able to run it.

My new pattern now can handle multiresource lists, so I can add share000.art to the second list for check.

Thank you, m210. That's good news for johnnythewolf, and anyone else who wants to try out BloodGDX using the Blood Shareware release before considering to buy the full version of Blood.

NOTE:
Also the file SOUNDS.RFF is slightly different between each Blood Shareware release. And the file SURFACE.DAT of "Blood Shareware v0.99" and "Blood Shareware v0.99 CD Release" is different to all the other Shareware (v1.00 - v1.11) and Full version releases. I'm just mentioning it in case you need to take care of it for BloodGDX, too.

This post has been edited by deus-ex: 03 March 2019 - 01:17 AM

So all I have to do is to wait for the next release of BloodGDX?

User is offline   m210® 

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 03 March 2019 - 05:30 AM, said:

So all I have to do is to wait for the next release of BloodGDX?

Perhaps :)

View Postdeus-ex, on 03 March 2019 - 01:17 AM, said:

And the file SURFACE.DAT of "Blood Shareware v0.99" and "Blood Shareware v0.99 CD Release" is different to all the other Shareware

It's strange, but this file almost not affect on playable part of app.

This post has been edited by m210®: 03 March 2019 - 05:54 AM

I almost forgot to check BLOOD.RFF which is also slightly different in every Blood Shareware version. And of course it differs to the full version of Blood.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options