Duke4.net Forums: Recon cars - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Recon cars  "Recon cars and TROR"

User is offline   FRVIND 

Has anyone noticed that recon actor was not concerned about TROR sectors?
I do not know if I do something wrong, but my thought is that recon car is not able to recognize and track the locators placed
between two adjacent vertical sectors separated by TROR, even if the sequential locators in two sectors are close. Moreover it seems recon car doesn't see at all Duke player between TROR or only in some situations

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Works fine through "multi sectors" BUT for TROR can be different.

So I never try by TROR 1 to TROR 2 for Recons vetically

So maybe is different when it comes to TROR 1 to TROR 2 for Recon (crossing TRORs)

TROR can be weird for sprites crossing TROR to TROR

If you have example a sprite that goes up in the end of TROR from "move blahblah geth" it will stop at the ceiling or floor of TROR even if is void

way to solve this you must put "fall" so it can cross TROR to TROR.. Is what I use to solve it.
I did that for certain sprites to cross TROR vertically

Problem is the RECON is hard coded.

Maybe can be locators not recognizing TROR or sprite inability to cross TROR vertically

You should send a file and or screenie of it to show if is properly placed

User is offline   Zaxtor 

PS tested it

it will not enter the TROR, it will "rub the ceiling"
Following the L+

and loop works fine but it wont leave the current TROR is inside

So you done no errors as I know of

User is offline   FRVIND 

Hi,
I also tested with new actor "recond" in Dukeplus (which does not need locators), and again the same problem:it doesn't leave his TROR :-(

User is offline   Mark 

I didn't think it thru but...As a last resort you could try placing teleports in the pathway in the upper and lower sections to get from one to another. Probably a visual glitch. Better than nothing if it works.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostZaxtor, on 04 February 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

way to solve this you must put "fall" so it can cross TROR to TROR.. Is what I use to solve it.
I did that for certain sprites to cross TROR vertically

Problem is the RECON is hard coded.

It is hardcoded, but you can still add code to it. If fall does the trick, you could insert a fall command into the sprite and then make it recover its height. I don't know if that would work, but it's worth trying:

appendevent EVENT_GAME

ifactor RECON
{
  geta[].z temp
  fall
  seta[].z temp
}
endevent

User is offline   FRVIND 

New goodies about recon car. It could be an amenity, but it let to think. In Dukemon modality (DukePlus), after I captured four monsters, I suppose have acquired the capability (strenght) to capture the recon car actor too (putting ex laser tripebomb near him, and hitting him with pistols).
When I liberated recon (now my allies) at the ground point (initially it starts on TROR upstairs), it follows this time all the locators (positioned half under the TROR and the second half upper), however recon tries to go up and is almost capable to do so but not at all: seems to push a veil upwards and its movement is not very fluid; it rises slightly from the horizon of the TROR. In any case its behavior is normal.
I want to thank the previous people

User is offline   Paul B 

If memory serves me correctly Crispy Micky and I had a similar problem when creating the map Parkade. At that time I could get Recon vehicles to pass through a TROR layer but not more than 1. Since I couldn't get them to work 100% with all layers we just left the recon vehicles in the upper TROR sector. But I know for a fact I had Recon vehicles passing through a single layer then back out again. I think the problem only occurred after introducing more than one TROR extension. And when they would lower themselves into another TROR layer to shoot at you they would lose their Z axis position and go crazy by bouncing. Now it seems there is slightly different functionality where they just aren't passing through a single layer with TROR.

Something I would try is after placing a locator sprite make sure the locator sprites are actually in the layer they are visible in. Anyway, you can do this by placing a locator sprite then pointing at it with the mouse and selecting (Ctrl Page-up / Page down). The odd occasion a placed locator sprite might jump to a different TROR layer. Therefore, the locator appears in one layer but really exists in another. Or maybe the reason why it worked for me in the past was because I exploited this bug to make the Recon work with TROR. =)

You can always try an older mapster synthesis builds from around March 2012 to see the difference. During that time Helix a developer with EDuke32 was actively helping us correct problems we came across with the editors functions. Along with allowing us to use Recon Vehicles in the same map as Two way trains or subways which wasn't previously possible.

Ahh... the days mapping with Micky C were fun, but since Micky's reputation points on the forums has reached well over 1000 he just doesn't talk to me any more. He's just out of my class. =)

This post has been edited by Paul B: 05 February 2019 - 03:36 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options