Duke4.net Forums: ATTN: Blood mappers! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ATTN: Blood mappers!  "mapedit"

User is offline   wangho 

Wangho here (one of the guys that made Bloody Pulp Fiction) I need a bit of help to get up and running with Mapedit again after all these years. I cant seem to pull up any of my maps in Mapedit so that I can go in and rework them. I can only pull up BPF12.map and none others. There are some other newer maps released on BME's Blood map site that I cant view in Mapedit either. I just crash to a C: prompt.

I can, however, view all the original Blood maps and Banzai addon maps. I've tried a few different DOXBox exe's and dragged all my BPF art files and surface.dat into Blood dir, but nothing I'm trying seems to be working :) Is there some standard setting somewhere that's been in place the past few years as far getting Mapedit working correctly? As i've said, I have been out of the loop, but the actual Mapeditor itself is pretty easy to get back in the swing of things, kinda like riding a bike.

Pretty frustrating, but i've been sprucing up that one lone map from Bloody Pulp Fiction that I can actually view in Mapedit as well as a brand new Nuthouse map do-over from the addon. Gotta lot of ideas and energy to add to and cleanup Caleb's Road Trip, but will fall flat if I'm unable to even work on those maps. Thanks

This post has been edited by wangho: 01 February 2019 - 07:52 PM

User is offline   wangho 

nevermind, I finally got it. Apparently one of the older Mapedit versions I was using will not open some maps. 1.21 was the answer.

User is offline   wangho 

NoOne, I think I saw you around here somewhere. If so, feel free to hop onboard if you want to add anything to a BPF remaster. That, of course, goes to RedFanatic as well, but I haven't seen him around in ages, unfortunately.

I wouldn't mind BPF maps getting smaller if all these redundant bits were cut and textures scalled properly without stretching them too much. Also cutscenes while optional could be redone a bit. To this day most of BPF versions give incorrect visual errors notably with Beast sprites and first map lags a bit not only because of this snow effect but all that geometry gimmicks. Before we got DW, BPF was the one with the most memorable locations like these underground caverns, living islands, dark forest, castles and... cultist's of the corn map. ;p

User is offline   wangho 

View PostHenitoKisou, on 03 February 2019 - 07:04 AM, said:

I wouldn't mind BPF maps getting smaller if all these redundant bits were cut and textures scalled properly without stretching them too much. Also cutscenes while optional could be redone a bit. To this day most of BPF versions give incorrect visual errors notably with Beast sprites and first map lags a bit not only because of this snow effect but all that geometry gimmicks. Before we got DW, BPF was the one with the most memorable locations like these underground caverns, living islands, dark forest, castles and... cultist's of the corn map. ;p

Its getting a good house-cleaning and re-balancing. Any stretched textures are a design choice by me (Evil Dead House) to give it a disheveled and jarring look or because I thought it worked. I'll keep the critique in mind though and be taking seconds looks at everything. Beast sprites?? Sounds like you're missing some artwork, my friend. Ive seen playthroughs where sounds are missing and those beast sprite textures youre talking about are NOT supposed to be there. When I made my episode, EVERYTHING worked correctly and I had no idea some people were going to consistently hear FINISH HIM as you go through a swamp. Regardless, its all being addressed.

Then something is messed with installer script or I don't know what because it happens on late levels with clean-slate install either GOG or Steam OUWB every time so no files should be missing. Looks more like misplaced because they appear only on specific walls while other parts of level are fine so it's often not noticeable. I think it was related to some Cryptic Passage swaps because these were switched up/replaced in vanilla game and CP after I quit BPF and it seemingly restores files. Either way it's just a mystery what causes it and not a big issue. ;p

This post has been edited by HenitoKisou: 04 February 2019 - 02:55 AM

User is offline   wangho 

View PostHenitoKisou, on 04 February 2019 - 02:38 AM, said:

Then something is messed with installer script or I don't know what because it happens on late levels with clean-slate install either GOG or Steam OUWB every time so no files should be missing. Looks more like misplaced because they appear only on specific walls while other parts of level are fine so it's often not noticeable. I think it was related to some Cryptic Passage swaps because these were switched up/replaced in vanilla game and CP after I quit BPF and it seemingly restores files. Either way it's just a mystery what causes it and not a big issue. ;p

screenshots would help if you get a chance

User is offline   NoOne 

Long time :)

User is offline   wangho 

View PostNoOne, on 09 February 2019 - 12:20 PM, said:

Long time :)

where'd the time go? A new BPF rework is coming and you can contribute if you'd like, as well as Diman, Helen, and RedFanatic if they walk these hallowed halls and can receive the chanting

This post has been edited by wangho: 09 February 2019 - 11:19 PM

User is offline   NoOne 

View Postwangho, on 09 February 2019 - 11:18 PM, said:

where'd the time go? A new BPF rework is coming and you can contribute if you'd like, as well as Diman, Helen, and RedFanatic if they walk these hallowed halls and can receive the chanting

Haha, it's me Diman :)

And currently best i can offer to you is here:
http://cruo.bloodgame.ru/pmapedit/

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options