Duke4.net Forums: TerminalFury (Teminal Velocity/Fury3/Hellbender Port) Progress - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TerminalFury (Teminal Velocity/Fury3/Hellbender Port) Progress

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

I've been wanting to start an independent thread for this for a long time, but never got around to it. I wanted to share some of the progress I've made with my TV/Fury3/Hellbender port.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

As you can see, rendering is pretty much spot-on, and is good enough for a start. It'll need a lot of optimization, and a few additional features to make it on-par with software rendering (such as brightmaps to replace the "fullbright" colors).

However, I still have a long way to go with sound, input, UI, text drawing (namely timed and wrapped messages), and supporting TV and Fury3 again. I'll get around to it eventually.

How much longer will it take for me to get a release out? Hard to say... I'm still trying to build up my skillset, and am still dealing with the day-to-day struggles of life and health issues, but I'll try the best I can.

This post has been edited by Striker: 23 January 2019 - 11:40 AM

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

I'm a fan of these games so I'll be curious to see where you go with this. I actually read a previous thread about this before I signed up on the forum. Probably everyone involved remembers what happened so I won't bring it up again, but I hope you're doing better, man.

User is offline   deus-ex 

I'm happy to see that you are still working on this project. TV is one of my all-time favorite games. The idea to perhaps play TV, Fury3 and Hellbender in a modern port somewhen in the future fills my heart with joy.

Wishing you all the best for the future, both for your health and the progress of your project.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Pretty freaking awesome. I've never played these games so I'll be excited to try them when this is ready.

User is online   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

I loved Hellbender despite I just played a shareware demo that came with a Windows 95 CD-ROM. It's nice to hear that you are working on this.

That's excellent, I can't wait to try it!

I know Terminal Velocity for playing the demo from the Duke Nukem 3D CD, but I never got the full game because I thought Duke Nukem Forever would come out soon, so I would not have time to play Terminal Velocity... oh man.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostMike Norvak, on 23 January 2019 - 07:21 PM, said:

I loved Hellbender despite I just played a shareware demo that came with a Windows 95 CD-ROM.

Same here :) Awesome music in the demo level.

Love this tune:

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Cool remix! That tune always stuck with me too from the demo. I never even played the game much.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 06 March 2019 - 09:59 AM, said:

Cool remix! That tune always stuck with me too from the demo. I never even played the game much.

Same here. I only played the shareware and found the Ymir episode awesome (owing in part to this cool tune), got to the second planet but stopped playing soon after.

• Auramancer

I regret to say that there hasn't been any progress since last update, however, I have an excuse: I've been focusing on EDuke32-related things, that hopefully will prove very beneficial in due time.

• Auramancer

View PostMrFlibble, on 06 March 2019 - 09:39 AM, said:

Love this tune:

This track is in the high-def audio POD file for TerminalFury. TF supports loading .ogg files in place of the original MODs if the name matches. (JEST.OGG will replace JEST.MOD, for example.)

Don't worry, it'll be optional. I plan on hooking everything up so you can choose original music or CD/OGG music.

This post has been edited by Striker: 11 August 2019 - 06:29 PM

User is offline   NY00123 

Thanks for updating us on the status, I can understand. As one may claim, sometimes you have to give up one fury for a different fury.

Glad to see this is still going on. For a year or so I thought that it was abandoned.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options