Duke4.net Forums: How would you fit strippers/chicks into Duke 5? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How would you fit strippers/chicks into Duke 5?  "Getting the correct tone and ratio of chicks"

So we all agree Duke 5 should go back more towards Duke 3D in tone all around. The Austin Powers/Leisure Suit Larry tone of the sex comedy pervy stuff in DNF wasn't the tone a lot of fans wanted. But on the other hand, sometimes you see a suggestion of dropping all of Duke's chick chasing and just having him be an action commando, no mention of his perv nature. And that wouldn't be right either, Duke must be Duke.

His characterization in the Duke 3D written cutscenes is great, he's like a mix of 007 and Conan in his always wanting chicks, it's great. Like when he mentions wanting "a warm belly and a bottle of Jack" in one of them, it's like narration from a pulpy novel. It's a cool part of his character, and I do want that represented still. Would be a weird world if we're only allowed violence and no sexy stuff in entertainment. But agreed it should be toned down compared to DNF, and less nutty. Just don't want a generic version of Duke.

So, how do you fit the strippers and chicks in general into the next Duke game? What's the correct tone and ratio for the chicks?

One obstacle, the exact type of strip club scene that fits in Duke 3D would be tough to pull off. Say this Duke 5 game has a tone like Doom/Doom Eternal to some degree, a modern detailed Duke 3D. A somewhat desolated city occupied by aliens. People would probably find it weird for strippers to just be doing their thing in this scary setting, ruled by aliens. People would probably find that a bummer. So the two scenarios I can think of to fit a strip club in the game are either:

A.) there is a small resistance type of area like in Half-Life 2, say a small secret underground town the aliens haven't found or something, and that happens to have a strip club.

Or option B.) the beginning of the game has Duke chilling in LA in a dingy bar, and maybe there's an optional strip club across the street, and you can explore this neighborhood with hints of the alien invasion, before the action kicks in.

That's what I think anyway, now I know the game doesn't necessarily need a strip club, but GTA5 has one and it's the best-selling game, so it's probably still okay. And since it's the most plausible and accepted way to include topless women in the game, and it's something Duke is a fan of, I think it would be good to include.

And there are of course other ways chicks could be in the game. Maybe a Bombshell style ally at some point, various NPCs here and there, who maybe Duke could even have a bit of a thing with if there is time for conversations and stuff. Though parodying the Bioware date and bang button thing was already done pretty well in Saints Row 4, and again, getting the exact tone and mix of comedy and coolness etc can be tough.

What do you think, folks? Just a funny topic to ponder at 3AM.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 03 January 2019 - 12:54 AM

User is offline   xMobilemux 

The way I would do it is make them fit the basic theme of "Duke saving the chicks".

The aliens have kidnapped the women and Duke saves them, it could be something similar to Manhattan Project and Zero Hour where there are multiple babes scattered around the levels to save and when you save them, they do a little dance for Duke, flash the tits or whatever.
I'd also like for there to be reward besides some gratuitous T&A, like maybe if you save all the babes in a level you get a secret level that lets you play through a strip club level or something I dunno.

As for a strip club in the main game, yes it would be odd for Duke to come across a destroyed strip club and see the strippers still dancing, so I do agree with your 2 choices, but another option that could be added is similar to Land of the Babes where the aliens have their own strip club on board their ship where they put the abducted women, yeah it's a bit dumb, but it's another option.

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 03 January 2019 - 12:53 AM, said:

sometimes you see a suggestion of dropping all of Duke's chick chasing and just having him be an action commando, no mention of his perv nature. And that wouldn't be right either, Duke must be Duke.

This is exactly why I don't want Fred and his 3D Realms going anywhere near Duke Nukem.

I like your ideas, though I guess that would give the game a bit of an "arcade"-y feel, since chicks dancing when you save them etc would be in a less grounded direction. I'd be cool with it, but if it was going for say the Half-Life cinematic tone of the DNF 2001 trailer for example, that wouldn't be something you'd expect. Though maybe some of the women you save would be more mild mannered and just run off, and some of them are more fans of Duke and do fun stuff like you mention there. I think there's a way to pull this all off, but doing it just right definitely would take a balancing act, to not get a lot of flack. I mean I'm sure the game would get some flack either way, which they should ignore, but hey, fun ideas there.

User is online   Mark 

I speak from experience when I say that NPCs acting out a normal life during an alien invasion will be a bad idea. Ahem...HHR :)
I tried to defend it by mentioning a semblance of normal life continued in some cites during their Nazi occupation. But strippers and hookers might fit as they are forced to continue by the heartless but horny aliens.

This post has been edited by Mark: 03 January 2019 - 05:04 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Everyone attacked HHR for this, but in the original Duke Nukem 3D, even though everyone else has high-tailed it for the hills due to the invasion, all the strip clubs and massage parlours are open for business as usual! Even though the aliens have demonstrated that they are shopping for nubile human females for their breeding program, all the sex workers still turn up to work as if nothing is wrong!

If you want to treat this subject with a bit of modern realism, then all the strippers and pole dancers would be dressing up in gingham and hiding out till Duke had kicked their asses back into space.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 03 January 2019 - 06:00 AM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostTea Monster, on 03 January 2019 - 05:57 AM, said:

If you want to treat this subject with a bit of modern realism, then all the strippers and pole dancers would be dressing up in gingham and hiding out till Duke had kicked their asses back into space.

Alternatively, a strip club could become sort of a refugee hideout, and the girls keep working to keep the spirits up. Why is a strip club an untouched holdout? Because Duke game. Likewise, we know that only one kid exists in all of Dukedom, so that shouldn't be an issue either. If they aren't shown, nobody will ask.

Duke could just end up there on his travels, and then the place falls under attack.

Alternative solution #2: Going off the "untouched so far" concept, maybe everyone in there is completely oblivious to the invasion happening outside. They could easily make some jokes about it too. One I thing I think DNF got right was portraying everyone else as kind of useless and of questionable intelligence (even if they kept it up in places they really should have relented). So this sort of scenario and the jokes that go with it would fit right in.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

The level could be set in a 'right to work' state in the US. I was in Florida when Katrina hit and we were warned by our employer that no matter what shit cracked off, we were expected to be in work that day.

User is offline   Master O 

So we all agree Duke 5 should go back more towards Duke 3D in tone all around. The Austin Powers/Leisure Suit Larry tone of the sex comedy pervy stuff in DNF wasn't the tone a lot of fans wanted. But on the other hand, sometimes you see a suggestion of dropping all of Duke's chick chasing and just having him be an action commando, no mention of his perv nature. And that wouldn't be right either, Duke must be Duke.

His characterization in the Duke 3D written cutscenes is great, he's like a mix of 007 and Conan in his always wanting chicks, it's great. Like when he mentions wanting "a warm belly and a bottle of Jack" in one of them, it's like narration from a pulpy novel. It's a cool part of his character, and I do want that represented still. Would be a weird world if we're only allowed violence and no sexy stuff in entertainment. But agreed it should be toned down compared to DNF, and less nutty. Just don't want a generic version of Duke.

So, how do you fit the strippers and chicks in general into the next Duke game? What's the correct tone and ratio for the chicks?

One obstacle, the exact type of strip club scene that fits in Duke 3D would be tough to pull off. Say this Duke 5 game has a tone like Doom/Doom Eternal to some degree, a modern detailed Duke 3D. A somewhat desolated city occupied by aliens. People would probably find it weird for strippers to just be doing their thing in this scary setting, ruled by aliens. People would probably find that a bummer. So the two scenarios I can think of to fit a strip club in the game are either:

A.) there is a small resistance type of area like in Half-Life 2, say a small secret underground town the aliens haven't found or something, and that happens to have a strip club.

Or option B.) the beginning of the game has Duke chilling in LA in a dingy bar, and maybe there's an optional strip club across the street, and you can explore this neighborhood with hints of the alien invasion, before the action kicks in.

That's what I think anyway, now I know the game doesn't necessarily need a strip club, but GTA5 has one and it's the best-selling game, so it's probably still okay. And since it's the most plausible and accepted way to include topless women in the game, and it's something Duke is a fan of, I think it would be good to include.

And there are of course other ways chicks could be in the game. Maybe a Bombshell style ally at some point, various NPCs here and there, who maybe Duke could even have a bit of a thing with if there is time for conversations and stuff. Though parodying the Bioware date and bang button thing was already done pretty well in Saints Row 4, and again, getting the exact tone and mix of comedy and coolness etc can be tough.

What do you think, folks? Just a funny topic to ponder at 3AM.

You're assuming Gearbox will ever make another Duke Nukem game.

User is offline   xenoxols 

Have no strip club or anything because people don't want it anymore and it was barely relevant to Duke in the first place. Duke Nukem is the 80's-90's action hero guy, not the guy who hangs out at strip clubs.

View Postxenoxols, on 03 January 2019 - 04:07 PM, said:

Duke Nukem is the 80's-90's action hero guy, not the guy who hangs out at strip clubs.

Gonna have to strongly disagree. Ever since 3D, Duke has been a womanizer and hedonist. That's an integral part of his character.

User is online   Mark 

and he still could be, without strippers.

View PostMark, on 03 January 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

How would you include that aspect, a sometimes around sidekick character (a'la Bombshell or Max Payne's Mona etc)? Various NPCs? The 80s action hero he parodies/homages usually has some hot love interest around (like in Commando etc). I did find it funny that the end credits song of that movie is "They fight for love", even though John Matrix is an insane maniac, of the best kind. Man that's a good movie.

Though we may expect a somewhat desolate setting, and not a lot of emphasis on character relationships.

I think a strip club being optional, maybe even a vent leads into one or something in the opening area, that'd be an entertaining solution to that particular issue. No keys in there or anything, fully optional. I'm pro strippers.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 03 January 2019 - 05:53 PM

User is offline   NNC 

Duke 5

What?

View PostMark, on 03 January 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

I'm really not as sure. More than a few games involve Duke being at a strip club at some point. Duke is designed to be a hypermasculine parody while still encompassing several "average joe" aspects, and that includes some of the sleazier parts. It's why a rich and famous hero like him is still hanging around dingy bars and strip joints. Take a look at how he's seen in popular culture, or hell even among mods: Duke's attraction and proximity to these places is as much a part of him as his mouth.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostxMobilemux, on 03 January 2019 - 02:41 AM, said:

another option that could be added is similar to Land of the Babes where the aliens have their own strip club on board their ship where they put the abducted women, yeah it's a bit dumb, but it's another option.

This is the closest to the correct answer. The actual correct answer is obvious when you consider the following facts established in Duke 3D:

• The aliens are into human chicks.
  • The aliens are misogynists.
  • The aliens enjoy hanging out on earth and occupying human locales.

So, the correct answer is that the aliens are occupying the strip clubs and forcing the women to work in them, for the pleasure of the aliens. To make this more palatable for modern sensibilities, Duke can be accompanied by Bombshell or some other female fighter in the rescue operation. Also, the freed strippers can start to fight back once they get handed some weapons. Also also, people offended by any of this aren't the intended audience of the game anyway and were't going to buy it anyway.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

So Duke 5 will need an alien trooper in a pimp suit?

View PostTrooper Dan, on 03 January 2019 - 09:28 PM, said:

So, the correct answer is that the aliens are occupying the strip clubs and forcing the women to work in them, for the pleasure of the aliens. To make this more palatable for modern sensibilities, Duke can be accompanied by Bombshell or some other female fighter in the rescue operation. Also, the freed strippers can start to fight back once they get handed some weapons. Also also, people offended by any of this aren't the intended audience of the game anyway and were't going to buy it anyway.

Sure, Slave Leia in Star Wars was a classic, not saying offended. Just shooting the breeze about what might fit the tone for our hypothetical Duke sequel. For me, I myself would avoid the whole enslaved aspect, just because I think it'd be more fun that way. But always good to see how we'd all envision aspects of a new Duke game. Also, while I think having a strip club would be cool, I actually don't envision a new Duke game as being the exact scenario as Duke 3D. Maybe it's a new race of aliens, since Duke killed those last ones twice, and the new ones don't even do the whole kidnapping women thing, who knows.

Whatever wild situation Duke and Earth itself find themselves in, there's gotta be some chicks there. Or at least that'd be cool.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

While I loathe the whole "just remove the strippers" stance, it would interestingly enough, go well with the Demolition Man scenario.

In Duke's case he would have finished 1 of his early game missions and fought back an alien attack on some place, after that, he asks where the nearest strip joint is so he can grab a cold beer and hot lap dance to unwind, only to get told that alcohol and sexual objectification of women is also illegal, much to the annoyance of Duke.
By the end of the game of course Duke will have set things back to the way things should be and he has his strip club time by the end of the game.

Duke fighting to preserve his (and his games') identity is an interesting concept all its own, really. Especially in this day and age, Duke needs more than ever to stay Duke Nukem, and all the trappings that go with it. All the violence, swearing, sleaze, and one-liners.

That itself makes an interesting "reintroduction" of the character to "modern" audiences. Instead of "updating" the character, you center the game around his refusal to do so. And more importantly, why. Because even back then he was a bit outdated, with references ten years older than he was, and those types of movies having really fallen off by the mid-90s. But the reason he worked was because he simultaneously both parodied and embodied that hypermasculine hero from 80s actions movies, who were goofy in how ridiculous they were vs. reality, but were also simply fun to watch.

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 04 January 2019 - 01:00 AM

I've read through and I'm pretty sure this hasn't been mentioned, but I think it'd be interesting to have a hub space, like maybe go with an EDF base set up in the city, and have locations in the hub to visit, like a strip club, book store, collectibles shop... etc. Then, as you save cocooned babes, pick up magazines, and find collectibles, they appear in their respective hub areas, where you can go back later and check them out.

User is offline   Perro Seco 

Strippers, pigcops and Duke's one-liners have been overused since Duke 3D. They should do something new, something different, like they did between Duke Nukem 2 and Duke Nukem 3D. I don't want another Duke 3D parody, just a fun and simple game, which means that I don't care if Duke is muted off, or if the graphics are outdated or if there is not strippers.

Sorry for my radical and minority opinion. I know lot of people will disagree, and I understand why, but I just wanted to express it because I think Duke is stuck in his past trying to be as cool as Duke 3D was.

User is online   Mark 

I agree. I have mentioned a few times in other threads I would like to see Duke out of his normal element. No aliens, no spaceports, etc...

User is offline   NNC 

Duke Nukem, as a character is totally irrelevant outside of his own universe (which means spaceports, aliens, stripper and pigcops are there). Remove those elements and you get a Bulletstorm Tour like farce. The problem is, modern Duke is just a parody, and can't be taken seriously. Pigcops, strippers and spaceports all should return, but only in a low-key form. Juvenile (or downright retarded) one liners should go, and more serious action hero type speech should come back.

This post has been edited by Nancsi: 04 January 2019 - 01:41 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostNancsi, on 04 January 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

Duke Nukem, as a character is totally irrelevant outside of his own universe (which means spaceports, aliens, stripper and pigcops are there). Remove those elements and you get a Bulletstorm Tour like farce. The problem is, modern Duke is just a parody, and can't be taken seriously. Pigcops, strippers and spaceports all should return, but only in a low-key form. Juvenile (or downright retarded) one liners should go, and more serious action hero type speech should come back.

I agree. If you take away the elements that make Duke Nukem distinctive as a franchise, then there's no point in bringing it back. A lot of the individual elements in Duke 3D that we like are actually rip-offs from various movies (such as enemies from Aliens, Predator, one-lines from the Evil Dead series, It Lives, etc.) Add strippers and some locales to those rip-offs, the voice of JSJ, and you get a blend that is unique and defines the franchise. So it's about the blend of those various elements, which individually are not unique but together seem distinctive.

User is online   Mark 

Maybe if I wasn't part of the modding community and constantly exposed to the "same old things" for years I might be more willing to accept those things in the next game. Plus, I've never had the passion for the original game that most others have here so I'm more open to change.

This post has been edited by Mark: 04 January 2019 - 06:09 PM

User is offline   xenoxols 

I dunno, I always thought Duke was supposed to be the most generic action hero ever, but done well. Something like Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon is what I think Duke needs, a loving parody that's absurdness allows it to be outdated. I think a Demolition man type plot might just make Duke look like an unredeemable asshole if done wrong, but could possibly be really cool. Duke complaining that he can't be sexist just makes him an asshole, but if you remove that element and the whole think is campy it would be cool.

User is offline   gemeaux333 

Duke is not mysoginistic, he is edonistic !

And Duke wirhoit schicks or punch-ines would be like Germany without sauerkraut or America without hamburgers...

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostTea Monster, on 03 January 2019 - 07:50 AM, said:

The level could be set in a 'right to work' state in the US. I was in Florida when Katrina hit and we were warned by our employer that no matter what shit cracked off, we were expected to be in work that day.

View PostTrooper Dan, on 03 January 2019 - 09:28 PM, said:

This is the closest to the correct answer. The actual correct answer is obvious when you consider the following facts established in Duke 3D:
  • The aliens are into human chicks.
  • The aliens are misogynists.
  • The aliens enjoy hanging out on earth and occupying human locales.

Maybe the aliens are just loaded with cash? It's not like prostitution etc usually goes away under an enemy occupation, more often the opposite...
Then there's of course the possibility of Octabrain mind control, DNF beta-style alien parasites or whatever. Or they're just oblivious to the war going on outside if it's just starting, like someone mentioned. Or too smacked out to really care. :)

View PostNever Forgotten, on 04 January 2019 - 05:01 AM, said:

I've read through and I'm pretty sure this hasn't been mentioned, but I think it'd be interesting to have a hub space, like maybe go with an EDF base set up in the city, and have locations in the hub to visit, like a strip club, book store, collectibles shop... etc. Then, as you save cocooned babes, pick up magazines, and find collectibles, they appear in their respective hub areas, where you can go back later and check them out.

Something like "my digs" in DNF, but for singleplayer? Also reminds me a bit of Raven's 2009 Wolfenstein, which I kinda liked and I think a similar structure could work for Duke - embrace the "sandboxiness" of classic Duke design without going full sandbox.
I wasn't much of a fan of the "adventure areas" in DNF though, at least give me the chance to clean it out first/after/inbetween. Strip clubs are really a great place for a shootout (geometry/layout wise) so don't waste it by keeping it gunfree.

This post has been edited by necroslut: 07 January 2019 - 08:17 AM

For a new Duke Nukem game:
Honestly, I would like to see a reboot of “Forever.” Use the original plot from the 2001 trailer. It was supposed to be darker, borderline survival horror, but with puzzles, pseudo open world and some RPG elements. Think Half-Life and Deus Ex(1).
There will be comedy, of course it IS Duke Nukem after all, just tone down the immature cringe potty humor we saw in the 2011 release.
I would want to see an emphasis on environment manipulation, multiple avenues of approach and strategy when coming to missions, ect. (think Wolfenstien 2014)
The game starts 12 years after the events of 3D. Duke has just won the heavy weight championship in boxing(or MMA whatever) for the 10th year in a row. He celebrates with booze and women. The next scene is Duke waking up in his swanky ass penthouse at the top of the Lady Killer Casino Hotel in Las Vegas. He wakes up next to a couple of beautiful naked women, and sighs. He goes into the bathroom where he pees (first ego boost). Looks in the mirror, has a 5 o’clock shadow, and bloodshot eyes. He clears his throat, and hacks up some phlegm -Duke is showing his age. He spits into the sink and says to himself in the mirror- “Damn I need to get back to lookin’n good”

The player then makes Duke shower, and brush his teeth, and leaves the bathroom. The women are now up and doing hot girl stuff in bed. Duke says to them-

“It’s been fun ladies, treat yourself to a complimentary breakfast in the lobby and a full day spa treatment on me…. Now get the fuck out.”
Once they leave Duke will open a drawer and look at a photo of his old girlfriend, Laura, but she left him in order to follow her passion of archeology, he has had no contact with her for almost 15 years. She was the one that got away. Another sigh and the picture is put away.

“Time to get this big guy back into action” he says as he cracks his knuckles.

The rest of the beginning of the game is him at his Casino. Here you will be introduced to the main game mechanics as far as interaction goes. I would like to see a somewhat slow beginning. Set Duke up as being bigger than life, but ageing, and popularity waning in the face of political correctness and general social media bias.
The last part of the beginning should be him in a talk show, announcing his retirement. In a few months he will sell the rights of his company, and move to the Caribbean- to a shocked and speechless crowd.

At this point Duke walks out of the interview and goes to his personally owned strip club, Bootyliscious. Duke screws around for a bit then after the mini games he goes back to his penthouse where we can get further insights into Duke as a tragic hero character- He’s only a partying, womanizing, hedonist because he has been trying to fill a hole that’s been left since the only woman he had true feelings for left him.

He then drinks a huge bottle of whiskey and passes out, only to be awoken by an explosion in the distance, the aliens have re-invaded earth. Duke, reluctantly gets back into action.
The next part will be him heading to the Duke cave and arming up, first though he has to get there. During this part, Duke will have to use stealth to maneuver his way to his Duke cave, using any weapon of opportunity he can find along the way, as well as his bare hands.
Once there he gets appraisal of the situation. The first invasion was merely a forward unit; upon their failure the entire armada has invaded earth. They released a virus that begins turning people into zombie tentacle monsters as well as mutating humans, specifically law enforcement and military in to humanoid pigs.

We can learn some of the motives of their invasion when Duke gets briefed by General Graves and the President. But ultimately the Aliens are here for four reasons.

1. Revenge, they want to kill Duke, but before they do that, they want to destroy is legacy by invading Las Vegas first.
2. Recourses, primarily our water, oil, precious metal reserves.
3. The population with the exception of fertile women ages 16-40(or 18-40 for legal reasons), will be either mutated and used as part of the armada or slave labor, or for bio-fuel/ or food.
4. The women. Women between the ages of 16(18)-40 will be used as incubators for one of (or multiple) the higher tiered aliens’ species. Let’s say that human females have the perfect “womb” to incubate more of the leadership races. One conclusion would be that the natural females of these species have been bred out genetically or just few and far between, and the best way to get the numbers this intergalactic covenant needs would be to use substitutes, i.e. earth women.
Once Duke is briefed he will be directed to help a few military or EDF units secure some green zones from the aliens, and from there will be the start of the resistance.

From here Duke has free reign over the city of Vegas, taking on side missions for the EDF, or civilians, even fetch and find quests, collectables.
There should be an in game shop, buy more ammo, upgrade weapons, buy new threads for the Duke, and upgrades for the bike.
At some point Gen. Graves will order Duke to link up with Colonel Shelly Harrison AKA Bombshell after finding out the president has been kidnapped( or his daughter or both…whatever).
Duke and Bombshell will have missions together and she will be mostly an ally NPC. At first Bombshell won’t like Duke, she thinks he’s overrated, a relic in modern warfare, and a bit of a pig. Duke on the other hand will be struck in awe of her combat prowess, take no shit attitude, and witty comebacks to his one liners, and one liners of her own. A later feature can be Duke being captured and tortured and the player then assumes control of Bombshell to save Duke. IT can be balanced out, that Duke is a walking tank, can take a beating and give right back, he can perform stealth, but he cannot fit into most air ducts anymore(as they have gotten smaller over the years) and he cannot move very silently due to the fact his is 6’4”and probably nearing 300lbs. Bombshell will have less overall health and armor Duke has, but she is faster, and quieter and can fit into certain areas unlike Duke can.
The story can push these two characters into a romance, and give Duke a new purpose in life.
Everything, including the cut scenes will be from the first person perspective like Half-life. Maybe include a choice of scripted responses during dialogue sequences, i.e. Deus Ex.

And lots of alien killing and outrageous moments… like helping a loser pot head find all his missing porn.
Beating up a pimp for smacking a prostitute, ect, ect.

This was kinda long winded but, something I thought would be cool.

This post has been edited by Corporal Dingo: 09 January 2019 - 01:21 PM

View PostCorporal Dingo, on 09 January 2019 - 01:17 PM, said:

DUKE NUKEM PLOT

I removed it for spacing purposes, but this is almost what not to do with Duke. Ya got a few good ideas in there, but I personally would hate a Duke Nukem game that romanticizes Duke like that. Duke shouldn't ever be put into a serious romance. Also, Duke should be excited to get into combat, not reluctant. Duke's a badass who enjoys kicking alien ass. Plus, I don't like the slow opening, it would take forever to get to the real combat. DNF was already criticized for its slow opening. The game should start similarly to Doom 2016, maybe have a small brief opening to set things up, but Duke should get into combat early on. I also don't care much for a shop, I like the idea of having a central hub and an open environment, but I don't like games that make you earn in-game money to buy things, ammo should be found in places around the game, and upgrades should be in secret areas, think Doom 2016. I do like the idea of having Bombshell in it, and I do like being able to play her with some gameplay differences, but Duke shouldn't be head-over-heels for her, instead he should be impressed by her, since she's the female form of him, and he should be determined to get her in bed, since she doesn't like him. Also, main criticism here, there should be NO political shit. If you want to throw in a few jabs at PC and SJWs, go ahead and put 'em in, but don't make it a direct reference/plot device. Duke shouldn't be a platform for political agendas on either side, Doom Eternal is a good example of making a political jab "Remember, Demon can be an offensive term, please refer to them as the mortally challenged"

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just very passionate about the character.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options