Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Forever 2013 screen flashing when firing. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Forever 2013 screen flashing when firing.

User is offline   Man 'o War 

I have this problem with the mod,whenever i fire a weapon the screen flashes in a line on the monitor.With the shotgun its more than once.If anybody could help me on how to turn this off i would be very thankful.

User is offline   Mark 

Without seeing the issue in a pic or video its not clear what the fix might be. If its related to the weapon flash:

See if turning off vsync from the menu helps. If not, the flash can be disabled from con code. I pasted this at the end of my GAME.CON file to disable the flash from some weapon firing.
// NO WEAPON FLASH WHEN FIRING FOR PISTOL SHOTGUN CHAINGUN
gamevar temp 0 0

onevent EVENT_RESETWEAPONS 

setvarvar temp WEAPON1_FLAGS
orvar temp 256
setvarvar WEAPON1_FLAGS temp

setvarvar temp WEAPON2_FLAGS 
orvar temp 256
setvarvar WEAPON2_FLAGS temp

setvarvar temp WEAPON3_FLAGS
orvar temp 256
setvarvar WEAPON3_FLAGS temp

endevent

This post has been edited by Mark: 30 December 2018 - 07:43 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

How about if we start by asking whether this problem exists when playing vanilla Duke 3D. Does it?

Also, we need to know which version of the Eduke32.exe is being used. If you are using the one that came with the DNF download, a more recent one, etc.

I'll try,thank you!

I'm using the one that came with the mod.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMan, on 01 January 2019 - 04:40 AM, said:

I'm using the one that came with the mod.

You could try using a more recent binary: https://dukeworld.co...ke32/synthesis/

Be warned that other bugs could potentially result from that, so be prepared to go back to the original binary.

User is offline   Gambini 

Legacy Police to the rescue.

We haven´t heard of that issue in all the time DNF2013 existed. I´m inclined to believe it´s not related to the Eduke32 version, unless some compatibility mismatch exists between it and your system. If using a recent Eduke32 doesn´t fix the issue you should go back to the original one.

Had turning off/on vsync any effect?

View PostGambini, on 01 January 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

We haven´t heard of that issue in all the time DNF2013 existed. I´m inclined to believe it´s not related to the Eduke32 version, unless some compatibility mismatch exists between it and your system. If using a recent Eduke32 doesn´t fix the issue you should go back to the original one.

yes it solved my problem thank you!

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostGambini, on 01 January 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

Dear Gambini

Will the newest voxels of Reaperman´s voxel pack be added to DNF?

Thanks

User is offline   Gambini 

View Postmxrtxn, on 31 March 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

Dear Gambini

Will the newest voxels of Reaperman´s voxel pack be added to DNF?

Thanks

Didn´t notice this.

Sure thing man! Not all of them because there are a couple of small ones that i prefer to be sprites (like bottles for example). But most. Keep up the good work!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options