Duke4.net Forums: Porting Mapedit? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Porting Mapedit?

User is offline   Tekedon 

Not sure if this has been asked before, I might have a long time ago.

But will you at some point try to port over mapedit for Blood? Or maybe make a ported editor that works for all of the GDX ports? It sucks to have to go back to dosbox for creating maps.

User is offline   Dzierzan 

I said it already but I'll say it again. People were always interested for actual Blood port, but weren't in porting its tools. I've never used mapedit and certainly I can imagine working on Dosbox is kinda obsolete nowadays since I used other Blood tools using that soft so I feel the pain. I believe M210 said once he wasn't interested in mapedit which is a shame.

User is offline   daMann 

View PostTekedon, on 30 December 2018 - 02:11 AM, said:

Not sure if this has been asked before, I might have a long time ago.

But will you at some point try to port over mapedit for Blood? Or maybe make a ported editor that works for all of the GDX ports? It sucks to have to go back to dosbox for creating maps.

Fortunately/unfortunately, I think that with the Nightdive project it will open up someone with some acumen to do this.... fortunate because we'll no longer be using the old tools... unfortunately because thats the catalyst it took. NBlood maybe someone will be motivated by it as well? We'll see....

Until then.... I don't MIND it too much. I've typically got a DOSBox and GDX going at same time, and then can just easily alt+tab between the two to test things out, just keep moving the start spot around to troubleshooting spots :)

User is offline   Skumball 

It's possible to create maps for Blood in Mapedit with DOSBox but it's finicky; much like running Blood on a modern PC (prior to GDX).

One problem I encountered was the Alt-Enter shortcut key to paste sector properties in 3D mode. In Windows this switches to fullscreen, but this is fixed by accessing the DOSBox key config using CTRL-F1, selecting the Fullscreen button and Deleting the event handler.

+1 to this idea anyway; Mapedit or a derivative running natively on modern operating systems would be great.

User is offline   Kyanos 

Can't Mapster32 be tweeked a little bit to save Blood maps? I'd probably do it for a case of beer and a used snowmobile.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options