Duke4.net Forums: eduke + addons (Dukenstein and others) not working DEC 2018 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

eduke + addons (Dukenstein and others) not working DEC 2018  "compatibility, integration, mods"

User is offline   dantes 

Hello :wub:

I have installed eduke32_win32_20181220-7297.7z for Windows 10 64bits and download the addon compilation http://www.duke4.org...2_addons313.exe

I tried to load the mods via eduke32.exe -jaddons but I realized only the STANDALONE (duke3d.grp not required) addons are loading, the other hundred NON-STANDALONE are not loading (not showing in the game list) although no error are presented.

Being honest I just want to play Dukenstein, but probably I found just a bigger problem by chance.

When I try to "force" separetly the dukenstein.grp it is only loading the maps but with all the classic DUKE graphic elements.

Can you give me some ideas in here?

Thank you

PS. thank you also for the whole project ... I didnt know you all but with the classis DUKE NUKEM 3D it works AMAZING!!! :( :)

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

This should be in bug reports, where you can see an entry by myself about an issue with snapshots higher than r7187. A lot of changes have been applied to EDuke32 in the last few months, and it seems at least one of them broke grpinfo support to some degree.

For the time being, best advice I can give you is to use an older snapshot. Not sure which is the last one working, but you'll want to go a few months back for sure.

The EDuke32 team is aware of the importance of this project and will surely take a look at this once their time allows it to restore full functionality.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 22 December 2018 - 03:35 AM

I sticked lot of time with the 20170806-6428, looked stable enough to me, after that one, massive changes have been made, then i felt like the 20180522-6895 and the 20180620-6927 were stable too.

Choose your destiny from here: http://dukeworld.duk...ke32/synthesis/

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 22 December 2018 - 10:46 AM

User is offline   Tekedon 

The release before the latest made my PC freeze entirely and I had to turn off the power and manually shut down my laptop, and it had strange momentarily freezing and skipping. Some big changes are done alright. Went back to an older release and works fine.

• The Truth is in here

Try with r7299 from Dec 24.

User is offline   dantes 

With the last update it worked :) ... however there were some errors, I tried to download different duke3d.GRP to see if it works> conclusion: the only duke3d.GRP that works with the addons is the one from ATOMIC edition about 44Mb , the others 25Mb, 10Mb, etc have some problems for the standalone mods.

I use the following configuration :(

Thank you all of you for your support.

This post has been edited by oasiz: 30 December 2018 - 08:16 AM
Reason for edit: Don't copy that floppy !

User is online   FistMarine 

It's good to know that the addons work properly again, however there are 2 things that I need to explain to dantes to not make that mistake again:

conclusion: the only duke3d.GRP that works with the addons is the one from ATOMIC edition about 44Mb , the others 25Mb, 10Mb, etc have some problems for the standalone mods.

The compilation was made for ONLY the Atomic Edition of Duke3D, it will not work with the full or shareware versions which I'm assuming you are referring to them. And to be exact, the atomic DUKE3D.GRP file is 42.3 MB, at least for me.

Duke3d.grp (44Mb) from here

I'm pretty sure it is against the forum rules to post a download link to the atomic edition of Duke3d. You should edit your post to remove the link. :)

• The Truth is in here

Man, get a legal copy of the Atomic Edition FFS, it's just 5 USD or something. I wouldn't be surprised if this downloaded copy of yours has been tampered with and causes the problems you are having.

Still I cannot recommend using latest EDuke32 snapshots without extensive testing. I had my last good experience with r7141.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 29 December 2018 - 08:46 AM

User is offline   Mark 

I tried to PM the devs to edit out that grp download link but the PM area was glitching for me. The text window opens but I couldn't type anything in.

User is online   FistMarine 

I have problems with PM too, although two different causes. The first is that whenever I send a PM (or even write a reply in forum), I get Error 408 Request Timeout or something like that. The second is that the recipient doesn't seem to receive my message, despite appearing sent for me.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Posted Image

Be careful with that GRP link or you're gonna make Duke sad

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options