Duke4.net Forums: Control settings - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Control settings  "Rctrl - fire"

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostNightFright, on 05 March 2019 - 04:41 AM, said:

Well, that's what happens to me with my German keyboard. Maybe you guys are luckier, but if I press KP5 in the keyboard setup, it's just not recognized. It's been like that for quite a while already.

As of r7352 it still accepts the input, albeit not without some problems of its own. Perhaps there's a relation?

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 05 March 2019 - 04:46 AM

Spanish keyboard here, just tested binding forward to KP5 and quick kick to shift. holding down shift and then KP5 makes shift stop responding, holding down KP5 and then shift works fine and tapping both keys at the same time makes KP5 get stuck, i have to press it again to stop walking.

So different language keyboards do different things vs. KP5, it seems.

For the record mine is an English one.

but wait a second, eduke switches the keyboard layout to english if it wasn't set to english already

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 05 March 2019 - 01:43 PM

Maybe something breaks in the process?

Come to think of it, my eduke logs always say they're switching keyboard layouts even though I have a genuine English keyboard. I am running an IME however, so maybe this is an issue that affects multi-language inputs in general?

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 05 March 2019 - 03:30 PM

View PostNinety-Six, on 05 March 2019 - 03:20 PM, said:

Maybe something breaks in the process?

Come to think of it, my eduke logs always say they're switching keyboard layouts even though I have a genuine English keyboard. I am running an IME however, so maybe this is an issue that affects multi-language inputs in general?

I changed my keyboard layout to english. You're right, my log says that's still switching the keyboard layout.

EDIT: It's doing something, using spanish it says switching from 0000040A to 000004090, and using english it says from 00000C0A to 000004090, dunno what's the difference, they both show as English (USA).

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 05 March 2019 - 03:58 PM

Regarding the original post, in addition to RCtrl always being set to "fire" no matter what else it was bound to, KP0 is also always set to look left.

View PostNinety-Six, on 06 March 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

Regarding the original post, in addition to RCtrl always being set to "fire" no matter what else it was bound to, KP0 is also always set to look left.

that's probably because by default rctrl is bound to "fire" and, because now controls reset (which is ANNOYING AF) unless you bind fire to something else it resets. also eduke let's you have more than one action bound to the same key (it doesn't delete the other binds when you assign it, or give you a message telling you there's another action bound to that key)

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 06 March 2019 - 05:14 PM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Well, hello KP5! Long time no see! Thanks for bringing it back in r7395, guys!

fixed in r7442!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options