Duke4.net Forums: Post Apocalyptic Far Cry game teased - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Post Apocalyptic Far Cry game teased  "Fallout Cry"

User is offline   HulkNukem 

A new Far Cry game with a post apocalypse setting has just been teased for a reveal at The Game Awards which airs tomorrow, December 6th.

As someone who has played and beat every Far Cry since 3, I can say that while I'm excited, I can't help but feel cautiously optimistic about it.
First, Far Cry 5 felt half-finished, and where it took steps in the right direction it took other steps back for the series. It didn't help it had far less outposts than the previous games (and none of the giant fortresses that 4 had), far less weapons, and a story that started real strong and then dropped off also immediately when the free-roam parts began. The DLC was also terrible and extremely short for the price asked.
Second, this isn't even a year after the last game before a new one is being revealed. More than likely this means its not a full fledged game and more of a spinoff ala Blood Dragon, or at worst a Battle Royale game like there's small rumors for(please no)

Also, spoilers for Far Cry 5
Spoiler

Even still, the idea of a post-apocalyptic Far Cry sounds pretty great and I'm looking forward to the reveal.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 05 December 2018 - 03:21 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostHulkNukem, on 05 December 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

As someone who has played and beat every Far Cry since 3

What, you missed out on the good ones? Come on, go and play the first, you know you want to!

User is online   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

We already had a post apocalyptic Far Cry.

FUCKING BLOOD DRAGON.

But nooo, they couldn't do another one of those. That would be fun.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostZaxx, on 05 December 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

What, you missed out on the good ones?

I mentioned Far Cry 3

View PostCommando Nukem, on 05 December 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

We already had a post apocalyptic Far Cry.

FUCKING BLOOD DRAGON.

But nooo, they couldn't do another one of those. That would be fun.

I thought Blood Dragon's heart was in the right place but the actual gameplay was meh. I think I would actually really like a new one in the same exact style be a more traditional linear FPS instead of an open world game.
Also the fucking music. MAAAAAN the music.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 05 December 2018 - 04:17 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Oooo. This is a brilliant move at the perfect time to swoop in and take all of Bethesda's Fallout 76 and Rage 2 thunder.

User is online   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Wellll Fallout 76, sure. I don't know about Rage 2. It actually looks pretty good.

View PostHulkNukem, on 05 December 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

I thought Blood Dragon's heart was in the right place but the actual gameplay was meh. I think I would actually really like a new one in the same exact style be a more traditional linear FPS instead of an open world game.
Also the fucking music. MAAAAAN the music.

I agree, actually. After playing Blod Dragon again last year I really thought it deserved the Ion Maiden treatment. Something done in the legitamite old school style.

User is offline   Avoozl 

Oh I loved Blood Dragon, I very much wish it got a sequel with co-op, or at least a map editor for the original.

It would be nice if Far Cry went back to it's roots with a new sequel, perhaps more directly linked to the first game.

This post has been edited by Avoozl: 23 January 2019 - 01:04 AM

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I wonder about one thing: Are they using this scenario as an excuse for recycling the world map of FC5, similar to what they already did with Primal before?

This post has been edited by NightFright: 23 January 2019 - 01:47 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostNightFright, on 23 January 2019 - 01:47 AM, said:

I wonder about one thing: Are they using this scenario as an excuse for recycling the world map of FC5, similar to what they already did with Primal before?

I don't doubt this for a second.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

It's actually quite obvious this time. In Primal it was at least concealed by the different setting, so it took some digging of suspicious fans to find the map similarities compared to FC4. Now however they even already say it's the same world as in FC5, just destroyed. I cannot imagine they will not recycle the assets in some way, also considering how soon they announced this new game after the FC5 release. It smells of a quick cash grab to me.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 24 January 2019 - 02:00 AM

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

It's not wonder that chinks bought out this shitty company.

View PostHulkNukem, on 05 December 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

I think I would actually really like a new one in the same exact style be a more traditional linear FPS instead of an open world game.

I liked Blood Dragon precisely because it was open world, so you're not forced to follow the plot, but you're free to explore and discover stuff.

View PostCommando Nukem, on 05 December 2018 - 10:11 PM, said:

I agree, actually. After playing Blod Dragon again last year I really thought it deserved the Ion Maiden treatment. Something done in the legitamite old school style.

I wouldn't like that. Instead, I would like something even more spectacular and over the top than the first, and which takes advantage of all the latest innovations in GPU technology. Something like the Blood Dragon 2 dream I had in 2014.

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 24 January 2019 - 04:56 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options