Duke4.net Forums: DNF Xbox One Backward Compatibility - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF Xbox One Backward Compatibility

User is offline   Toxic34 

#1

Just as the title suggests. DNF's Xbox 360 version is now compatible with Xbox One!
0

User is offline   Commando Nukem 

  • Judge Mental

#2


0

User is offline   Tea Monster 

  • Polymancer

#3

I'm hoping it loads and runs better.
0

User is offline   hiczok 

#4

what's the point if there is a proper pc version ?
1

#5

View Posthiczok, on 08 December 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

what's the point if there is a proper pc version ?


For us peeps who have sucky PC's, but do have the Xbox one.
1

User is offline   Tea Monster 

  • Polymancer

#6

Once the weapon limit, level butchery and other console hoovery was applied to the game, we forever lost the "proper" PC version.

Having said that, I was hoping that those playing on consoles had a better experience, as supposedly, the console versions suffered from severe loading times.
0

#7

View PostTea Monster, on 09 December 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

Once the weapon limit, level butchery and other console hoovery was applied to the game, we forever lost the "proper" PC version.

Having said that, I was hoping that those playing on consoles had a better experience, as supposedly, the console versions suffered from severe loading times.


Oooh yeah. It adds at least a few hours by the time you're done. Plus the controls are horrid, the thumbsticks don't react well, it's just a mess.
0

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

  • Buy Mage's Initiation!

#8

I heard texture pop-in and framerate was absolutely abysmal on 360.
0

#9

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 09 December 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

I heard texture pop-in and framerate was absolutely abysmal on 360.


To say the least... framerate wasn't too bad... when I first played it but npw, after having played other 360 games around the same time period, I see that it sucked. As for texture pop-in, it takes a while to render textures, and if you turn quickly things will reappear once you stop. Also, if you keep turning you get a black edge on the screen while everything attempts to load.

Xbox one isn't any different.... sadly.
0

#10

Oops, double post. Still getting used to the phone version.

This post has been edited by Never Forgotten: 09 December 2018 - 10:03 PM

0

User is offline   Person of Color 

  • Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

#11

View PostNever Forgotten, on 08 December 2018 - 08:57 PM, said:

For us peeps who have sucky PC's, but do have the Xbox one.


Dude, you can buy a computer that can run this game at The Garbage. The fuck is your problem?
0

#12

View PostPerson of Color, on 15 December 2018 - 12:43 AM, said:

Dude, you can buy a computer that can run this game at The Garbage. The fuck is your problem?


The 360 was a free hand me down, I didn't have a job, and my dad paid for the game. I'm saving up for a pc now, but it's not cheap.
0

User is offline   Person of Color 

  • Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

#13

I misread this thread as Duke3D for some reason.
0

User is offline   Tea Monster 

  • Polymancer

#14

I know that finally giving up on your trusty PIII with it's Voodoo Graphics is heartbreaking, ask Mark. :D
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options