Duke4.net Forums: Will E-Scooters Ever Go Away? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Will E-Scooters Ever Go Away?  "Thoughts on the future..."

Lime. Bird. You see them everywhere on the streets now. Are they here forever? Will we continue to see them into our old age? Will they outlive us all, filling rivers and crowding street corners, remaining the eyesore that they are? Remember when trends used to be trends and go away eventually? The internet and social media perpetuates "innovation" now. What shouldn't exist ends up sticking with us forever... and ever... and thus my existential crisis. Thanks.

This post has been edited by hismasterplan: 29 November 2018 - 03:58 PM

User is offline   Mark 

Present and future generations will continue to be nudged towards the idea that cars and trucks are evil for a variety of reasons. I see these smaller electric modes of getting around becomming more popular. For about 10 years now I have been building and riding various electric vehicles from tiny scooters all the way up to full size motorcycles. I do it for fun, not because I fooled myself into thinking I saved the planet.

Here in Milwaukee, WI the court battles are going on about what to do with Bird scooter company. They just quietly set up in town without going through all the hoops and regulations that city politicians love to set up. My only real concern is that those scooters should be regulated to a low top speed if they are to be sharing sidewalks and paths with pedestrians. I don't live near a crowded downtown or university area so I don't think I'll have to deal with most of the users of those scooters. :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Mark: 29 November 2018 - 06:40 PM

User is offline   Sanek 

Posted Image

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Actually they recently gave the permit for these also in Germany. You will need an insurance, though. So they will flood our streets over here soon, too.

User is offline   Hank 

@ O.P.

May I ask why?
I use subway, feet, car and bike to get around. E-scooters, well, no. A foot powered scooter was my first mode of transportation, at age 5, or there about. I prefer the Harley now to have fun on the road.
Still. E-Scooters are just another mode of 'humble' transport. Love them - it tells one straight away: 'idiot on the road, watch out'.

View PostHank, on 10 April 2019 - 06:02 PM, said:

@ O.P.

May I ask why?
I use subway, feet, car and bike to get around. E-scooters, well, no. A foot powered scooter was my first mode of transportation, at age 5, or there about. I prefer the Harley now to have fun on the road.
Still. E-Scooters are just another mode of 'humble' transport. Love them - it tells one straight away: 'idiot on the road, watch out'.

Since I last posted, I wouldn't mind them so much if there were simply less of them. They pile up on the streets where I'm from. This isn't directed at you but they attract a lot of rude, thoughtless, uncoordinated people too. There's been a couple deaths over the past six months, people going down highways on them or the wrong way on local roads. Two people I know were injured by them. I don't see that so much with bicycles. These are just personal observations. I don't know what the data is.

User is offline   Hank 

View Posthismasterplan, on 20 April 2019 - 05:14 PM, said:

Since I last posted, I wouldn't mind them so much if there were simply less of them. They pile up on the streets where I'm from. This isn't directed at you but they attract a lot of rude, thoughtless, uncoordinated people too. There's been a couple deaths over the past six months, people going down highways on them or the wrong way on local roads. Two people I know were injured by them. I don't see that so much with bicycles. These are just personal observations. I don't know what the data is.

Yep, agreed. Unfortunately, I did not follow the time stamps, thus, my post was way too late, and out of place! :lol:

My signature, translated into English, reads: A sarcastic German. I was very much sardonic, when I posted it. Still am. Living in large metro areas since birth, all I can suggest is: Laugh at those fools, and slow down if you drive something better. :lol:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options