Duke4.net Forums: MT-32 and where do you put the control file? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MT-32 and where do you put the control file?

User is offline   Avoozl 

Okay so I happen to have Munt installed and I have all the required MT-32 rom files. I learned that GDX Blood has an MT32 option which I selected but as soon as I attempt to start it up it tells me that I am missing the control rom. I did try placing the MT-32 rom files which I have inside the GDX Blood directory but that doesn't fix the problem. Where exactly do I need to put the control rom files in order to get this to work?

Edit: This time I tried running Munt with it which I originally assumed it wasn't made to work with it, looks like it actually works but it's not perfect and doesn't sound that good, I guess it's still being worked on and isn't finished.

This post has been edited by Grand Admiral Thrawn: 01 November 2018 - 05:58 AM

User is offline   XxMiltenXx 

It doesn't sound good because the Blood MIDI files weren't made for the Roland MT-32.

The Blood MIDIs use the General MIDI standard which was published in 1991, while the Roland MT-32 is from 1987 and doesn't have this standard yet, meaning that it uses completely different instruments. And even if there is an option to change the instruments to their proper counterparts, your experience may vary compared to Soundfonts.

You need something that supports General MIDI, so pretty much every MIDI device after that. Easiest would be to set up Soundfonts then, VirtualMIDISynth (https://coolsoft.alt...irtualmidisynth) can help you there. Alternatively you can also use music packs.

This post has been edited by XxMiltenXx: 01 November 2018 - 09:22 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options