Duke4.net Forums: All sounds played problem - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All sounds played problem  "for the all monsters PSX version"

User is offline   F!re-Fly 

Good evening everyone. I have a really tough problem here. I have defined a new "SQUISHED" sound for the monsters of the PSX version. However, this sound and that of the recognition, refuse to be played at the same time and even if it is the same sound that is played. These sounds simply refuse to be played multiple times at the same time.

For this first example in video, there is only one sound "SQUISHED" played

and image, or it is impossible to launch the sound several times, otherwise it bug.

Posted Image

I do not know what's causing this kind of shit.

here is the file.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/9jcilj

Nobody has an idea for solving this problem of sound? Do I have to use an EVENT_SOUND or a switch command [THISACTOR]?

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Speaking for myself, I won't download code from an external link because it's too much trouble. If you put the relevant code in to a post here using the code tags I will look at it.

Okay ! Here is all the code of the first PSX monster:
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Mblackwell: 14 November 2018 - 07:29 PM
Reason for edit: Because it fucked up page formatting

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

I'd recommend putting all that in a spoiler tag for easier scrolling.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostNinety-Six, on 25 October 2018 - 06:31 PM, said:

I'd recommend putting all that in a spoiler tag for easier scrolling.

Also, code tags!! Otherwise the formatting is obliterated.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostFirefly_Trooper, on 22 October 2018 - 08:03 AM, said:

For this first example in video, there is only one sound "SQUISHED" played

So just to be clear: you want to have multiple different SQUISHED sounds played when a single enemy is being blown up? In the video I'm seeing one enemy at a time, it makes the RECOG sound then immediately gets an RPG to the face and makes the SQUISHED sound. It's not obvious what the problem is...

Yes I understand. Normally in the video, the monster is supposed to play the squished sound I've assigned, but does not occur at the same time as Duke's. This same procedure is the same, when several monsters die (photo).

This post has been edited by Firefly_Trooper: 26 October 2018 - 06:31 AM

Spoiler

A second video more explicit. Green color (LIZTROOP classics). Blue (LIZTROOP PSX version), for a comparison of sounds played.

On the side of classic green LIZTROOP, everything is fine (obviously, since it is the game at the base). As for the added blue LIZTROOP PSX, it's buggy.

1. "Sound of recognition" wanting to play several times, it's buggy.

2. "Sound SQUISHED2" wanting to play several times, sometimes it does not play at all.

There must be a solution on the side of the "gamevar" attributes for a sound to be played correctly without any problem.

Hello everyone ! After a pause at the resumption of the coding, I absolutely did not find a solution to these two problems of sounds. I hope this is understandable with the codes displayed.

Trooper Dan, do you have any idea for these curious sound problems?

I think I have found the solution. I think I made a mistake in the "property" bit of the sound in the USER.CON file.

The sound SQUISHED is fixed ! :rolleyes:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options