Duke4.net Forums: Stayput monster RECOG sound. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stayput monster RECOG sound.  "Inactive for each wake up"

User is offline   F!re-Fly 

Good evening!
I have a question about the sound of recognition, only for the monsters "stayput"

How to make the sound always inactive, for each awakening of a monster? I tested "EVENT_RECOGSOUND" and it works for the first time. But when the monster sees the player again, the sound comes back.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postleninjableu, on 19 October 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

Good evening!
I have a question about the sound of recognition, only for the monsters "stayput"

How to make the sound always inactive, for each awakening of a monster? I tested "EVENT_RECOGSOUND" and it works for the first time. But when the monster sees the player again, the sound comes back.

I've never heard of that event and it's not even listed on the wiki, so good job. I guess it's a rite of passage on Duke scripting to use undocumented commands.

In any case, I'm guessing that event only handles the hardcoded wakeup sound instances which are are not in the CON code. Check for instances in the monster's code where there is an explicit instruction to play the sound.

The code exists in the wiki.

I even tried this with:

sprite []. Htactorstayput -1

This post has been edited by leninjableu: 19 October 2018 - 02:53 PM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postleninjableu, on 19 October 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

The code exists in the wiki.

I even tried this with:

sprite []. Htactorstayput -1

Dang, I missed it.

htactorstayput controls whether the actor stays in a sector, it has nothing to do with sound.

So I did not understand why this code was supposed to work for a Liztroop stayput when I started coding.

I have tried several methods, but I am still on the starting point.

Hello Trooper Dan. I still have not managed to completely disable the recognition sound, for stayput enemies.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options