Duke4.net Forums: Sound code (with gamevar / thisactor - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Sound code (with gamevar / thisactor

User is offline   F!re-Fly 

Good evening! I have a question, for a line of code based on "onevent" and gamevar.

I have a problem of recognition for a sound, linked to a monster. The sound is sometimes inactive for certain actions and is absolutely not played during a nearby explosion (with an RPG).
I would like to make a powerful code so that this sound is played all the time.

Is this line correct?

Gamevar
onevent EVENT_SOUND
switch sprite[THISACTOR].picnum
Ifvare Return 34
Ifactor LIZTROOP
endevent

The sound is "SQUISHED"
With a code like this, I think to solve the problem, so that this sound can be played for all actions.

This post has been edited by leninjableu: 16 October 2018 - 03:03 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Leninjableu, I appreciate your enthusiasm for wanting to learn con coding, however in future could you post all future questions in this thread in the eduke32 section: https://forums.duke4...ke32-scripting/

So far, you've posted 7 threads here, averaging about 3-4 posts each, including TWO threads on shrunk monsters, and I can only assume that you'll make more in the future. The problem is that this subforum is exclusively about eduke mapping help and released maps, not coding. The fact that the threads are so short is irrelevant, if not the worst case, as their shear quantity takes away focus from maps being posted here. I only ask that you post coding questions in the relevant coding section Posted Image

View PostMicky C, on 16 October 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

Leninjableu, I appreciate your enthusiasm for wanting to learn con coding, however in future could you post all future questions in this thread in the eduke32 section: https://forums.duke4...ke32-scripting/

So far, you've posted 7 threads here, averaging about 3-4 posts each, including TWO threads on shrunk monsters, and I can only assume that you'll make more in the future. The problem is that this subforum is exclusively about eduke mapping help and released maps, not coding. The fact that the threads are so short is irrelevant, if not the worst case, as their shear quantity takes away focus from maps being posted here. I only ask that you post coding questions in the relevant coding section Posted Image

Thank you!

User is offline   Mark 

Actually its 11 threads. :rolleyes:

View PostMark, on 16 October 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

Actually its 11 threads. :P

I should have posted everything directly in the thread "Eduke32 script" Must do a stupid thing to do better after :rolleyes:

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

I blame the mods; they're supposed to be monitoring and directing traffic.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Forge: 18 October 2018 - 09:47 AM

View PostForge, on 18 October 2018 - 07:03 AM, said:

I blame the mods; they're supposed to monitoring and directing traffic.

Posted Image

Not everyone is supposed to know. And then, I never had the pretension to know in advance, that to post such wire to such place was obvious. It is therefore useless to make fun of it. If you ever have ideas instead of blaming, I would be interested.

User is offline   Forge 

View Postleninjableu, on 18 October 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

Not everyone is supposed to know. And then, I never had the pretension to know in advance,

that's why I blame the mods, not you

Posted Image

As much for me. I consider myself an apprentice coder and I remain positive and highly motivated to continue to solve my code problems.

Forge I have a question. Do you have a good coder?

User is offline   Forge 

View Postleninjableu, on 18 October 2018 - 09:12 AM, said:

Forge I have a question. Do you have a good coder?

I don't know what you are asking.
Am I a coder? No.
Do I make mods and have a coder I work with? No.
Do I help some coders test their projects? Yes. Mostly Trooper Dan over the years, but that's because he's the only one willing to put up with me.

I used to be a mapper (and a poor one at that). That was my two bits contribution to the community.

As for ideas instead of blames - How about a specific subforum section dedicated to coding.
Information would be a lot easier to find and questions answered instead of random posts, or one big long post, buried up under "Everything EDuke32" / "EDuke32 Scripting "

This post has been edited by Forge: 18 October 2018 - 09:53 AM

Okay ! Yes, my next subjects will be in the coding section "Eduke32 script" I did not think about doing this earlier.

This post has been edited by leninjableu: 18 October 2018 - 10:02 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Hey, here you go...mod action! Thread locked.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options