Duke4.net Forums: IGN: Scott Miller Discusses DNF's Troubled Development. - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

IGN: Scott Miller Discusses DNF's Troubled Development.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Anyone who has read Masters of Doom knows that Miller is a hacky businessman. He's more like a schemer than a true businessman. DNF is a failure because of Scott. You can blame George all day long, but 3DR was his company. I like Scott but don't fall for his public relations.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostZaxx, on 22 October 2018 - 09:52 AM, said:

Was the movie this good? Nope, it wasn't even close. I think you can put together the rest from here.

300 was a great fucking movie. Shut your face.

View Postgemeaux333, on 22 October 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

Why Pitchford and Miller aren't working together on the next Duke games ? Nothing would stop them !

Ego.

View PostJimmy 4k, on 22 October 2018 - 07:03 PM, said:

Anyone who has read Masters of Doom knows that Miller is a hacky businessman. He's more like a schemer than a true businessman. DNF is a failure because of Scott. You can blame George all day long, but 3DR was his company. I like Scott but don't fall for his public relations.

I like Scott, but you have to look at his track record. Lots of things just didn't pan out that he tried to jump start. A lot of things just fell off the map. Radar Group? Earth No More? Wasn't their a film production company he was trying to start back around the time Max Payne came out? (Depth or something along those lines?) Just a lot of false starts. Same for Terry Nagy, too. That guy has a real fucking attitude problem.

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 22 October 2018 - 07:53 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostCommando Nukem, on 22 October 2018 - 07:41 PM, said:

300 was a great fucking movie.

Sure it was a great fucking movie... if you're an edgy teen who likes watching shit. "Look, mom, they move in slow motion but then they are fast again, this is a great fucking movie, those who don't like it should just shut the fuck up! Mom, what is this weird tingling I feel when the half naked men are on the screen?" :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 22 October 2018 - 09:31 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostCommando Nukem, on 22 October 2018 - 07:41 PM, said:

I like Scott, but you have to look at his track record. Lots of things just didn't pan out that he tried to jump start. A lot of things just fell off the map. Radar Group? Earth No More? Wasn't their a film production company he was trying to start back around the time Max Payne came out? (Depth or something along those lines?) Just a lot of false starts. Same for Terry Nagy, too. That guy has a real fucking attitude problem.

In Masters of Doom it's revealed that id Software stopped working with Apogee because they wouldn't use computers to process orders and shit, everything was done on post it notes. Just an example of them being cheap. The shareware model was just an example of a Scott Scam working very well.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostJimmy 4k, on 23 October 2018 - 09:13 AM, said:

In Masters of Doom it's revealed that id Software stopped working with Apogee because they wouldn't use computers to process orders and shit, everything was done on post it notes. Just an example of them being cheap. The shareware model was just an example of a Scott Scam working very well.

That's not fair to say I think. Apogee was a small business at the time and then Wolf 3D blew up so they just couldn't handle the demand.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostZaxx, on 22 October 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

Sure it was a great fucking movie... if you're an edgy teen who likes watching shit. "Look, mom, they move in slow motion but then they are fast again, this is a great fucking movie, those who don't like it should just shut the fuck up! Mom, what is this weird tingling I feel when the half naked men are on the screen?" :rolleyes:

Ah, so you're sexually insecure and get confusion boners over naked men. Got it.

300 is one of the best examples of a 1:1 tall-tale on the big screen. That's all it is. The Persians are ugly and misshapen and evil because that's what the unreliable narrator is telling the crowd. It's awesome. I wish more films would utilize bent perspectives like this to tell stylized stories. I'm not a huge Zack Snyder fan. The Dawn remake is okay. The rest of his films are meh to awful, but 300 utilizes his style-over-substance approach to a T.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostCommando Nukem, on 23 October 2018 - 05:46 PM, said:

Ah, so you're sexually insecure and get confusion boners over naked men. Got it.

300 is one of the best examples of a 1:1 tall-tale on the big screen. That's all it is. The Persians are ugly and misshapen and evil because that's what the unreliable narrator is telling the crowd. It's awesome. I wish more films would utilize bent perspectives like this to tell stylized stories. I'm not a huge Zack Snyder fan. The Dawn remake is okay. The rest of his films are meh to awful, but 300 utilizes his style-over-substance approach to a T.

Well, to be honest I wouldn't say I hate the movie, it's just that it's kinda sucky and boring because of a few issues that mostly has to do with bad pacing. All of Lena Headey's scenes are bad and boring to the point where I have no idea why the whole "meanwhile at home" segment is in the movie, the action scenes become tedious and overdesigned because of all the "slow it down then speed it up" bullshit and as a result to me it was just a letdown. Sure, it has some artistic merits I guess but the trailer promised a tight, artistic and stylized action romp and the movie really didn't give me that. Interestingly enough the original comic doesn't have all the boring scenes with Gorgo. So you know, my point is that you can't judge a book by its cover so even though the DNF 2001 trailer was amazing that does not mean anything when it comes to what the final product could have been.

Overall when it comes to Snyder his Dawn of the Dead remake is absolutely my favourite with Watchmen being a close second. Hell, I can watch the 4 hour cut of Watchmen without getting bored yet 300 gets me sleepy with its 2 hour runtime.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 24 October 2018 - 10:45 PM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

The one thing I always disliked about 300 was how long it took to finally get to the action.
Would've loved if it was like Fury Road where it starts from the get go and has only a couple slower scenes.

I also wish some of the nastier monster looking persians had action scenes instead of just chilling in a tent.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 25 October 2018 - 01:44 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options