Duke4.net Forums: Killed shrunk monsters ! - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Killed shrunk monsters !  "monsters killed you otherwise (gameplay added)"

User is offline   Firefly_Trooper 

I apologize in advance, to post another mini-topic, which will be quickly settled, but this is the reverse of a previous topic.

This is the code that I found and improved, when the monsters display Duke once shrunk. I have sound problems (always sounds decently).

1. When a monster crushes Duke, a double "SQUISHED" sound is sometimes played.

2. I do not have the screams of pain and death sounds from Duke, nor even the quotes when he is dead. I have instead, sounds JIBBED_ACTOR, as if Duke had killed himself.

Here is the code:

state badguystomphit
ifp pdead
{
}
else
{
ifpdistl SQUISHABLEDISTANCE
{
addphealth -200
state standard_jibs
state standard_jibs
}
}
ends

ifp pshrunk
state badguystomphit

Either the code is misplaced or something is missing.

User is online   Trooper Dan 

• Duke Plus Developer

I don't understand what you are trying to do. I mean, monsters can already squish Duke without the bugs you mentioned. So why are you adding new code that breaks it?

To my knowledge, only the all boss and newbeast could crush the player when it is shrunk. I wanted to add the possibility to other monsters, able to do the same action, like the Liztroop, or the Pigcop.

I wanted this new action to be instant

It may be useless but I think this action, can add a little more consistency in the gameplay

This post has been edited by leninjableu: 13 October 2018 - 02:11 PM

Hi Dan Trooper. Do not read the previous message because I finally managed to fix all the code bugs.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options