Duke4.net Forums: Duke Express - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Express

User is offline   Romeo 

Hello! I want show my work. This map cost me about 2 years.

Attached Image: Screenshot_2.png

Attached Image: Screenshot_1.png

Attached Image: capt0002.png

Attached Image: Screenshot_5.png

Attached Image: capt0006.png

Load map: https://www.moddb.co...ns/duke-express

User is online   Dr.Panico 

Good level so far, but i'm stuck.

I've pushed a button in the gym and i also found the lab. I've solved the 6-button puzzle, but all i've found was a Devastator. I don't know where to go next.

User is offline   Romeo 

View PostDr.Panico, on 13 October 2018 - 09:29 AM, said:

Good level so far, but i'm stuck.

I've pushed a button in the gym and i also found the lab. I've solved the 6-button puzzle, but all i've found was a Devastator. I don't know where to go next.

You must pick up red key in the medical office. Then will come down hold and them open door.

This post has been edited by Romeo: 13 October 2018 - 11:09 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

always thought about making a map with the planet express ship, but I always pictured it parked in the planet express building & the building would be part of it - but I digress...

the map looks very nice. Very articulate detailing, nice texture choices & combos, and a pretty immersive environment. Enjoyed some of the easter eggs.

getting around can be pretty difficult though, because a lot of areas are pretty cramped & some of that detailing shouldn't have been blocking, while other stuff, like furniture that the player walks up on when they're too close should have been blocking.

I also got stuck, used the yellow key, solved the over-kill 8 button puzzle, hit the switch that brought up the message about the ship being ready to fly, now I have no clue where to go, or how to open the escape pod.

nvm - finding that obscure door to get up onto the bridge was about as annoying as the eight-button puzzle, with even less clues.

This post has been edited by Forge: 13 October 2018 - 09:50 PM

User is offline   Sanek 

Planet Express reference is really awesome, since the author actually made something that looks like a real ship. :rolleyes:
I like this map. A little bit more shading will be nice, and sometimes it's too cramped for it's own good.
Also, is it just me or some parts of the level looks heavily inspired by some of the Loke's maps?

User is offline   Paul B 

I've added your map to Dukemaps.net. Nice work! Your hard work paid off, it was a really fun experience! http://www.dukemaps.net/?p=10578

Based on the level of detail and the mind bending layout I found it almost impossible to miss all 3 secrets. =) But I found this map realistic, as there isn't a lot of space on any airship for that matter, so things should be a bit snug and you managed to pull it off well.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 16 October 2018 - 12:01 PM

User is offline   pacman 

Ehh, isn't there an huge error in this map? I don't think you are supposed to be able to open the elevator doors that are next to the blue card reader at the begining..

User is offline   Seb Luca 

Excellent work, congratulations :rolleyes:
Except the floor of the last screenshot (too smooth) end the wood crate (too pixelised).

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 02 December 2018 - 03:29 AM

User is offline   pacman 

Am I taking crazy pills or I am the only that realized this map is broken?

Posted Image

See how its "locked". And I can open the door without the blue card:

Posted Image

Then here I insert the blue card:

Posted Image

This is nonsense. I think the author forgot to connect the door to the blue card reader. Unless that blue card does something else which I doubt..

User is offline   Romeo 

View Postpacman, on 01 December 2018 - 08:01 PM, said:

Ehh, isn't there an huge error in this map? I don't think you are supposed to be able to open the elevator doors that are next to the blue card reader at the begining..

This bug was in old versions map. Try to update the map.

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostRomeo, on 04 December 2018 - 02:36 AM, said:

This bug was in old versions map. Try to update the map.

I've also updated the version at Dukemaps.net just in case I had a problematic version. However, I didn't recall the glitch mentioned above.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

I haven't checked the 1.93 version, but it's present in the 1.91 version that's uploaded to CGS!.

This is one of the reasons why I don't write opinions about new maps. Sometimes things come up, and I have no control over the "review" or file once they've been uploaded to the site.

User is offline   Master O 

View PostRomeo, on 13 October 2018 - 06:13 AM, said:

Where's the blackjack and hookers? :rolleyes:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options