Duke4.net Forums: Cstat value for corpses of monsters - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Cstat value for corpses of monsters  "Only by explosions"

User is offline   F!re-Fly 

Another small subject, which I have a small problem.

I did not find the exact value, to destroy a corpse, only by explosions.

I wish the corpse could not be touched by SHOTSPARK1 value and that it would not be an obstacle for Duke when he crosses it.

Overall, the corpses sprite would be a combination of 256 (for hitradius) and 64 to prevent Duke from being blocked and firearms to pass through.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

If the actor is enemy, then it will register hits from RADIUSEXPLOSION and RPG, even if it has a cstat of 0. But if the actor is notenemy, then it needs to have the 256 bit set to register hits.

I've already tested the value 256. But when Duke shoots with the gun, the sprite becomes indestructible

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postleninjableu, on 12 October 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

I've already tested the value 256. But when Duke shoots with the gun, the sprite becomes indestructible

What I'm saying is don't use 256, use cstat 0 but make sure it is "useractor enemy". You can adjust the enemy count if you need to.

Okay thank you I understood. Thanks for the help. I managed to define this code, for ALL the original enemies, those of Caribbean, EXCEPT those of the PSX versions. The monsters of the PSX versions have only one problem. The SQUISHED2 sound that I deny myself does not work. When I change these monsters to "notenemy" with the value cstat 256, the sound works, but I meet the same problem at the beginning.

I defined the code like this:

useractor enemy LIZTROOPPSXDEADSPRITE
cstat 0
ifhitweapon
{
ifwasweapon RADIUSEXPLOSION
state standard_jibs
sound SQUISHED2
killit
}
enda

And I added in GAME.CON, the code of sound that you suggested to me:

appendevent EVENT_SOUND

ife RETURN SQUISHED
{
ife sprite[].picnum LIZTROOPPSXDEADSPRITE
set RETURN SQUISHED2
}
endevent

But the sound SQUISHED2, is not recognized.

The code "corpses destroyed" is fixed ! :rolleyes:

I just moved a few lines, the sound SQUISHED2

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options