Duke4.net Forums: Animated sprite monster - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Animated sprite monster  "Look in Mapster32"

User is offline   F!re-Fly 

Good evening! New post on another topic.

I wanted to know how to animate a monster in Mapster32? The base monsters are already animated when they are placed on a map. I would like to do it with my other monsters, for a better presentation of the game.

Thank you

User is offline   Zaxtor 

View Postleninjableu, on 12 October 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

Good evening! New post on another topic.

I wanted to know how to animate a monster in Mapster32? The base monsters are already animated when they are placed on a map. I would like to do it with my other monsters, for a better presentation of the game.

Thank you

Animation thing from Duke Nukem's default monsters are hardcoded stuff I think as in mapster/build

Custom monsters wont be animated but they will be animated in the game.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 12 October 2018 - 01:38 PM

Too bad. It would have been more fun. I had been told that it was nevertheless possible, looking in the m32 file.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

There's a sample mapster script file which comes with Eduke32, called a.m32, which is inside of the samples folder. You can move it to root level for easy loading.

When you load up mapster, open the console and type "include a.m32"

This will load up the sample scripts, some of which are useful. For example, if you hover over a RESPAWN, a script will cause the picture of the spawned tile to appear above it in 3D mode. I'm pretty sure that the mapster scripting system would enable you to do what you want with your monsters, too. Consult the wiki and the example scripts for how to do it.

Woaw !!! I thought it was possible. Thanks again.

I found the file without problems. I have two questions, though.

The first is: how to open the command console, when I load Mapster32 ?

The second one, which is optional, how to have the decor of textures in 2D mode ? this will facilitate my work map.

Thanks

User is online   Mark 

On American keyboards you open the console with the ~ key to the left of the 1 key. Backspace key brings up the textures in 2d.

Great, thanks for the answer to these two questions. I have not yet found the monster animations script.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postleninjableu, on 12 October 2018 - 08:11 PM, said:

Great, thanks for the answer to these two questions. I have not yet found the monster animations script.

There is no monster animations script, and I don't have time to write one any time soon. What I said was, consult the wiki and the examples for how to do it. In other words, consult those things to learn how to script.

Okay. Thank you for your patience. Last thing about killed corpses code, i have a strange problem with a sound.

SECOND big problem (always one, when you do not expect it!).

In my code monsters that crush Duke shrunk, there is a double "SQUISHED" sound playing at the same time and instead of having quotes from Duke when he dies, I have JIBBED_ACTOR instead.

There is enough to be crazy!

My code:

state badguystomphit
ifp pdead
{
}
else
{
ifpdistl SQUISHABLEDISTANCE
{
addphealth -200
sound SQUISHED
state standard_jibs
state standard_jibs
}
}
ends

ifp pshrunk
state badguystomphit

This post has been edited by leninjableu: 12 October 2018 - 09:59 PM

Previous message, off topic!

User is online   Mark 

Inside of "state standard_jibs" a sound is called to play. Its going to play twice because you have 2 "state standard_jibs" together. Compare your "state standard_jibs" code to the original to make sure there is no obvious error there.

View PostMark, on 13 October 2018 - 02:49 PM, said:

Inside of "state standard_jibs" a sound is called to play. Its going to play twice because you have 2 "state standard_jibs" together. Compare your "state standard_jibs" code to the original to make sure there is no obvious error there.

The code is fixed! Thanks

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options