Duke4.net Forums: all BOSS (not squished !) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

all BOSS (not squished !)  "Possibility of killing the BOSS otherwise."

User is offline   F!re-Fly 

Not topic, new subject :P

I searched for an update CON file for the WT, made by Jolteon, on improving BOSS (four main + BOSS5). I found that there was a code missing to kill them otherwise (alive or with their corpses). Is it possible for a BOSS to be killed by crushing, but ONLY by a moving sector ? This will add consistency to the game.

Thanks for your answers :rolleyes:

Does anyone here have an idea about these problems?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Would this be solved by adding a call to state checksquished in the appropriate place in the bosses' actor code?

Of course I agree. But everything is not explained in the Wiki and everything is not obvious.
If I understand correctly, I have to move the state checksquished, in the useractor enemy?

User is offline   Mark 

No. Just make a call to that state from inside your new actor's code.

Add an ai BOSS1DEAD?

This post has been edited by leninjableu: 21 September 2018 - 01:23 PM

User is offline   Mark 

If the checksquished state code is already in your con somewhere else all you need to do is type "state checksqished" in your new actor code.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

There are 2 simple reasons that the bosses don't already use that state. First, it would allow for cheap boss kills. Second, the checksqushed code will delete the sprite if it is squished, bypassing the boss end game trigger. The second of those issues is very easily fixed.

View PostMark, on 21 September 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

If the checksquished state code is already in your con somewhere else all you need to do is type "state checksqished" in your new actor code.

Thank Mark ! Finally, i managed to correctly placed the state checksquished. I take this the same opportunity to correct details of all general boss.

This post has been edited by leninjableu: 21 September 2018 - 04:50 PM

View PostTrooper Dan, on 21 September 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

There are 2 simple reasons that the bosses don't already use that state. First, it would allow for cheap boss kills. Second, the checksqushed code will delete the sprite if it is squished, bypassing the boss end game trigger. The second of those issues is very easily fixed.

The only reason I have to use this code is ONLY for mini-boss, under some game circumstances. To avoid what you have described, the real bosses will be in secure areas.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

You can also add "ifspritepal 0 nullop else" as a precondition to your checksquished code so that it only takes effect for minibosses. This is how you can shrink minibosses but not full bosses.

Thank you, I already placed this line of code :rolleyes:

This thread must be closed

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options