Duke4.net Forums: Difficult change of sound - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Difficult change of sound  "Replace and add sounds, ONLY for a category of monsters."

User is offline   F!re-Fly 

Hi everybody ! Having progressed in the coding, however, I have some difficulties to replace some sounds and add some.

Here is the list of sounds I would like to replace and to add :

1. Replace the sound "THUD" (sound of a fall) only for a monster.
2. Replace the SQUISHED sound of the explosion with an expander ammo.
3. Add an extra sound, when a monster gets crushed, after being shrunk (only for one monster).
4. How to add a specific sound of "Duke's Bootstrike" for a monster category? Generated this particular sound, when Duke kills a monster to kick.

For me, it is a peculiarity of coding that has been repelling me for two weeks already.

Your help will be welcome. :rolleyes:

Does anyone here have an idea about these problems?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I'm going to offer some code for the THUD problem. Maybe you can adapt this for other problems. In the code below, "MYMONSTER" is the picnum of the monster that you want to have a different sound for THUD. Also, "NEWTHUD" refers to the sound number of your replacement sound.

appendevent EVENT_SOUND

ife RETURN THUD
{
  ife sprite[].picnum MYMONSTER
     set RETURN NEWTHUD
}

endevent

EDIT: Wow, I didn't realize how old this thread was. I didn't even notice it until now because it's not where I would expect a thread of this topic.

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 03 October 2018 - 11:27 AM

User is offline   Mark 

He has another unanswered post in this thread if you feel like tackling that one too.
https://forums.duke4...post__p__306589

This post has been edited by Mark: 03 October 2018 - 12:27 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMark, on 03 October 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:

He has another unanswered post in this thread if you feel like tackling that one too.
https://forums.duke4...post__p__306589

Yeah, I saw that earlier, but it is too hard to answer in a helpful way without writing a big tutorial.

Thanks anyway for the answers.

However, I can not solve three sound problems. How to correctly add an extra sound, when an enemy is crushed by Duke? And also, how to change the sound squished by another, when an enemy falls and when it is crushed by the shrinker and exploded by the expander?

Forget the previous message! HIP HIP HIP HURRAH !!!

Thank you very much Trooper Dan. Thanks to this code, I set absolutely all the sounds "SQUISHED" that I wanted to change.

This post has been edited by leninjableu: 04 October 2018 - 12:56 PM

I still have not managed to add an extra sound, when a monster explodes to expander, and when it is crushed to shrunker.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options