Duke4.net Forums: Mouse aiming in ERampage? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mouse aiming in ERampage?

User is offline   DirkM 

I recently found the fantastic ERampage conversion of Redneck Rampage to the eDuke32 port, but I'm having trouble using the mouse. I've tried a variety of settings, but no matter what I do, the mouse never does anything more than point my view up to the sky (or maybe the ground; it happens so fast that I can't really tell). I can't look around, aim, etc.

I don't have any trouble using the mouse in regular eDuke32; has anyone else encountered this issue with ERampage and/or know how to fix it?

User is offline   Mark 

It works fine for me. I'm using the plain no-frills mouse that came with my Dell computer. I was able to adjust settings to what I wanted.

Just released is a new way to run RR. https://forums.duke4...180-redneckgdx/

This post has been edited by Mark: 13 September 2018 - 08:19 AM

It's possible you have a high DPI mouse, which does have issues with DirectInput. One way to verify is fire up Quake 3 arena and see if the mouse wonders in game. I know how to fix it in code, but short of recompiling whatever revision ERampage is using, I don't have any advice for you unfortunately :rolleyes:.

The issue I'm describing(which I don't for certain is your issue), is caused by the following. Games would center the mouse in a window, and query the mouse position every frame to see if the player moved it. However with some high dpi mice, directinput returns coordinates that are one unit off from center, so you get mouse drifting, or in your case, locked view at the sky.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 13 September 2018 - 08:28 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options