Duke4.net Forums: Issue with some user map - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Issue with some user map

User is offline   ViDi 

For some reason text not shown. Though there are even more issues on older builds I tried.

DOSBox
Attached Image: DOSBox.jpg
eduke32 6978
Attached Image: eduke32 6978.jpg

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by ViDi: 08 September 2018 - 12:47 AM

User is offline   ViDi 

Still no text message. :)

User is offline   Perro Seco 

Since the mod was made for the original Duke 3D, better use software renderer to play it the way it was intended. If that still doesn't work, then continue with DOSBox.

This post has been edited by Perro Seco: 15 December 2018 - 10:54 AM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

It's definitely not a GL or software renderer thing. This problem goes back at least to r6428 as well.

Though I could swear I saw this map work properly in eduke at some point in the past.

User is offline   Perro Seco 

View PostNinety-Six, on 17 December 2018 - 06:15 AM, said:

It's definitely not a GL or software renderer thing.
It is. The mod shows the text taking advantage of a bug from the original Duke 3D. In software mode it should work fine, except with some EDuke32 builds (like the one I'm using) that have been "fixed" to avoid the pink color appearing behind some transparent sprites/maskwalls, as shown in this post.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I have encountered this problem numerous times in many entries of the addon compilation while reviewing contents for Polymer. Sometimes this can be fixed by repositioning the letter sprites on the "canvas" in the "camera room", but it's not always working. Obviously in OpenGL it is required for the letters to have a certain distance to the background wall or they'll be "swallowed".

Usually you can read everything when switching to the classic renderer.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 17 December 2018 - 07:04 AM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

EDIT: Ignore this post i am dumb and did not read good

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 17 December 2018 - 07:35 AM

User is offline   ViDi 

I tried software renderer - no effect. Tried build r5756 - same. Snapshot_20090313 - works in software mode.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options