Duke4.net Forums: How to make a road? - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to make a road?

User is offline   Perro Seco 

I want to make a road, so I made a texture of asphalt with white lines. I also want to make all kind of curves, but I found this problem:

Posted Image

Despite I know how to change the floor's texture offsets I can't find a way to match the white lines between sectors. What can I do? I don't want to use sprites to represent the lines for hard to explain reasons. :D

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

If you can't align them with panning, then you'll have to adjust the size of the sector until you get matching offset sizes

This post has been edited by Forge: 03 September 2018 - 06:57 AM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

You should copy the straight road, and rotate it properly per each segment so the distance is perfect.

Lunick: I can't believe you can pre-order Duke Nukem 3D in 2016

Thank you both for your help, I followed your suggestions. I'll explain here how I did it, not only to help others but also to remember it.

Spoiler

Posted Image

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Use C to make circles. Note that there's not so much precision in Build engine coordinates.

View PostFox, on 05 September 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

Use C to make circles. Note that there's not so much precision in Build engine coordinates.
That's what I tried in the first post, but I just realize that I used more vertices in the outer extrem of the curved sector than in the inner, so I splitted it into smaller sectors in a bit strange way, and maybe that's why I couldn't match the white lines between them.

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options