Duke4.net Forums: How to install High Resolution Pack for mac? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to install High Resolution Pack for mac?

User is offline   lloyd709 

Hi

I managed to install the Eduke32 and the hrp on my mac years ago when running snow leopard but just trying again now on a slightly newer macbook pro (2012) running Mavericks (I know it's old) but for love nor money I can't install the hrp and I can't find anything online giving instructions specific to mac. I've got Eduke32 Atomic running and downloaded the hrp and tried putting into the game director (zipped up and unzipped) and then tried creating an 'autoload' folder and putting the zip file in there (as detailed in some instructions online but I think directed at windows users) but nothing works. I never get the option to set it to 32 bit under the options menu.

Anyone got it working and could give step by step instructions?

Thanks

User is offline   Phredreeke 

This may seem obvious, but have you checked the box saying enable "autoload" folder on the launcher?

(I don't own a Mac, so I don't know if the Mac version differs in that regard)

Given your hardware Polymer is probably out of the question, so you'll want the Polymost override available here

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 29 August 2018 - 07:49 AM

User is offline   lloyd709 

First of all I would like to apologise to anyone looking at this thread thinking I'm posting the answer as the title was supposed to be a question but I forgot to finish it with a question mark - and now I can't seem to amend it.

Thanks for getting back to me but I don't seem to have a autoload box on my launcher - see screen grab of the launcher.

I've tried downloading the polymost override pack from your link but again it's the same problem - just a load of files with no clear install instructions.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

This is for Linux, but I would think the procedure would be the same under MacOS

https://wiki.eduke32...Run_the_game.21

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

afaik, dropping the zip in an autoload folder is no longer an option
does the mac use the duke3d.def file?
it should be edited to read:

include duke3d_hrp.def

then the duke3d_hrp.def should be edited to read:

// Extra additions to the game - High Resolution Pack

//if polymost then
include duke3d_hrp_polymost.def
//else
// include duke3d_hrp_polymer.def
//endif

comment out and uncomment the one you want to use (polymer, or polymost) with the // (polymost will be used in the example given)

alternatively I think you can use ./eduke32 command lines, like:

-hduke3d_hrp_polymost.def

This post has been edited by Forge: 29 August 2018 - 09:26 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options