Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Leisure Suit Larry & Alf Resort - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Leisure Suit Larry & Alf Resort  "New Mod & Map Released by ALF"

User is offline   Paul B 

Hey guys, there's a new mapper and modder on the scene. I'm a bit late with this post but this MOD and map really deserves some attention! Check out more details here: http://www.dukemaps.net/?p=10157

The Alf map has a lot of creative ideas and details.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 1.jpg
  • Attached Image: 2.jpg
  • Attached Image: 3.jpg
  • Attached Image: 5.jpg
  • Attached Image: 4.jpg

This post has been edited by Paul B: 25 August 2018 - 08:54 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

A really cool map; I had a lot of fun with it and there's a lot of imagination on display. It had tons of secrets as well and I only managed to find 3 - the arcade was really cool, especially the racing car machine and the grabby device. The new palette also really brings everything to life. The biggest flaw of the map really is just the shading and lack of trimming with textures. Hopefully the author makes more (and maybe should join up here as well)

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I'm always a sucker for a Sierra reference.

User is offline   ALF Dude 

Hey it's my map :( . The texturing and shading really is rather poor I must admit. I intended to polish it up but sadly never got around to it. I decided to release the map anyway instead of keeping it gathering virtual dust in my hard drives. The map also feels very gimmicky because, since it was my first map ever, I decided to use it as a learning platform so I tried many different effects and tricks just for the sake of trying them, as a result, some things feel a little out of place. But I'm still quite proud of it and thought it wouldn't hurt to upload it. Thanks for all the feedback guys!

User is offline   Jblade 

I don't think it feels gimmicky to be honest, it really suits the vacation theme perfectly - with the new colour palette as well it really brought the whole thing to life. It's good to see another map that uses a lot of the engine features, rather than a map full of Doom-style doors and nothing else :(

User is offline   necroslut 

Really enjoyable map. Maybe lacking a bit in shading, but as it's so bright and colorful it doesn't hurt it too much. Hope you make more.
Touches like the crane and arcade game were really cool.

This post has been edited by necroslut: 12 September 2018 - 08:25 AM

View PostPaul B, on 25 August 2018 - 08:49 PM, said:

Hey guys, there's a new mapper and modder on the scene. I'm a bit late with this post but this MOD and map really deserves some attention! Check out more details here: http://www.dukemaps.net/?p=10157

I will download this and play it this weekend. Based on those screenshots, you put a lot of effort into create a natural, fantastic looking environment and I look forward to playing it.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 12 September 2018 - 08:58 AM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

I don't know how I missed this on the first go-around. Real shame I did because this is actually pretty good. Rare indeed is the map that requires one of the expansions as a base (and for some reason it's usually Nuclear Winter. Go figure). So this is a welcome change of pace.

Gameplay-wise this was solid. Ammo-Enemy ratio was fairly balanced, even without all the secrets. There was proper scaling between enemies and firepower, so I never felt under or over powered.

I do feel like the somewhat circular design of the resort could have used a few more bypasses, since I tended to forget which rooms had what door and if I was wrong I'd have to circle back the whole way to find it. A minor inconvenience at worst, admittedly. I will say I'm not a fan of those switch puzzles where the switches are spread around the room. They're just kind of tedious to deal with. Also I couldn't find a way back into the resort after emerging from the fountain near the end of the level, so the missed secrets stayed missed. Maybe I'm an idiot, or maybe that's a real point of no return. I'm not sure.

The aesthetics were great. Definitely felt like a resort. There were some trimming issues but they were very minor, as most have already said. I actually like the cyan coloring. I originally thought it wouldn't be so great but no, actually, it made the visuals pop. I may even use it for future playthroughs of Carribbean...

Good map.

User is offline   MrBarefoot 

View PostPaul B, on 25 August 2018 - 08:49 PM, said:

I would love to play these maps, but the link no longer works.

User is offline   Anvil 

Leisure Suit Larry & Alf Resort

View PostAnvil, on 16 April 2022 - 10:44 AM, said:

Thanks Anvil, but it seems to be missing some art files. Many textures are just black.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostMrBarefoot, on 17 April 2022 - 09:02 AM, said:

Thanks Anvil, but it seems to be missing some art files. Many textures are just black.

Are you loading it with Caribbean?

View PostNinety-Six, on 17 April 2022 - 10:36 AM, said:

Are you loading it with Caribbean?

Good question. I'll check.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

This one is also in the Addon Compilation.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options