Duke4.net Forums: [HELP] - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[HELP]  "Loading EDuke32 from custom Subfolder"

User is offline   Paul B 

  • 499

#1

I created a map with a custom .CON file & .VOC files which I have bundled into a single .GRP file. I used the .CON file to specify the remapping of the .VOC files only and I use a batch file to auto load the level with custom command line switches. The contents of the batch file looks like this: ..\eduke32 -g My.grp My.map -mx my.con

Basically, wanting to run Eduke32.exe from the parent folder to include my grp, my.map and my.con. It loads perfectly on my computer at home because I have Duke Nukem 20th Anniversary installed. It seems to use the data source from 20th Anniversary to load the level using the Eduke32 launcher. However, any other computer running without 20th anniversary it doesn't load the game.

It comes up with the error: missing game.con and defs.con etc... It doesn't appear to recognize that the original EDuke32 game files that are in the same folder as the called EDuke32.exe. I thought the switches in the batch file were intended to specify additional grp, map and the con files. I thought the Eduke32 launcher would have known where it was running from and to use the local game files from it's running directory. What have I done wrong? And what is the recommended course of action when referencing custom content from a subfolder to include the default game resource files?

Thank you in advance,
Paul


This post has been edited by Paul B: 28 July 2018 - 08:53 PM

0

User is online   Forge 

  • 8,538

#2

if all your files are in the grp, I would hazard a guess that you don't need all those switches, just eduke32.exe /gMy.grp
or the same if you put them all in a zip: eduke32.exe /gMY.zip

also iirc, all of 20th anniv. edition con files are external of the grp - so it's seeing the cons it's looking for. I would recommend including stock user & def (?) cons along with your modified game(?) con inside your grp/zip file to see if that works

I'm not an expert, so don't get too mad if it doesn't help any.

This post has been edited by Forge: 28 July 2018 - 09:21 PM

0

User is offline   Paul B 

  • 499

#3

View PostForge, on 28 July 2018 - 09:18 PM, said:

if all your files are in the grp, I would hazard a guess that you don't need all those switches, just eduke32.exe /gMy.grp
or the same if you put them all in a zip: eduke32.exe /gMY.zip

also iirc, all of 20th anniv. edition con files are external of the grp - so it's seeing the cons it's looking for. I would recommend including stock user & def (?) cons along with your modified game(?) con inside your grp/zip file to see if that works

I'm not an expert, so don't get too mad if it doesn't help any.


Thanks Forge, I appreciate any advice. I will try and minimizes the switches and run it all from a zip file within the EDuke folder. Or I can try including the stock defs into the GRP. I was just trying not to introduce any more files than necessary. I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!
0

User is offline   Paul B 

  • 499

#4

View PostPaul B, on 28 July 2018 - 10:07 PM, said:

Thanks Forge, I appreciate any advice. I will try and minimizes the switches and run it all from a zip file within the EDuke folder. Or I can try including the stock defs into the GRP. I was just trying not to introduce any more files than necessary. I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!



Okay, so i've added all the additional CON files & DAT files to my GRP file. However the game doesn't seem to find the Duke GRP file. If I place the Duke.GRP file into the same folder as my custom map folder then it starts. I want to use the existing Duke3d.GRP file from the users parent default installation folder and not have the user place a second Duke.GRP file into my custom folder.

How can I reference the Duke3D.GRP file from the parent folder without having to make a copy of it?

Also I noticed that after the game loads once it creates a settings.cfg file which corrupts the keyboard input when you load the map a second time. This file needs to be deleted before the keyboard bindings work again. Very strange behavior...

Here are the contents of the created settings.cfg file: // this file is automatically generated by EDuke32
unbindall
osdeditpal "12"
osdtextpal "12"
osdtextshade "2"
wchoice "3457860291"

View PostForge, on 28 July 2018 - 09:18 PM, said:

if all your files are in the grp, I would hazard a guess that you don't need all those switches, just eduke32.exe /gMy.grp

If i don't include the switches in my batch file for the map and the con neither one will load when only specifying the GRP switch. So I have to include these switches for proper functionality. I must be doing something wrong cause this seems harder than it has to be.


This post has been edited by Paul B: 29 July 2018 - 09:18 AM

0

User is online   Forge 

  • 8,538

#5

View PostPaul B, on 29 July 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

Okay, so i've added all the additional CON files & DAT files to my GRP file. However the game doesn't seem to find the Duke GRP file. If I place the Duke.GRP file into the same folder as my custom map folder then it starts. I want to use the existing Duke3d.GRP file from the users parent default installation folder and not have the user place a second Duke.GRP file into my custom folder.

How can I reference the Duke3D.GRP file from the parent folder without having to make a copy of it?

Also I noticed that after the game loads once it creates a settings.cfg file which corrupts the keyboard input when you load the map a second time. This file needs to be deleted before the keyboard bindings work again. Very strange behavior...

which snapshot are you using?

i can dump eduke32.exe in any folder on any drive on my comp and it finds all my grp files no problem -as long as they're installed in the 'traditional' locations (steam, gog, default cd install directory)
0

User is offline   Paul B 

  • 499

#6

Okay I think I got it! More of a gypsy fix \ bandaid but it works.

In my Batch file to load the map I include:
echo y | del settings.cfg
If the file exists in the folder it gets deleted before the game loads.

In my statement to load EDuke32 I also add an additional Duke3d.GRP file located in the parent folder as shown below.
..\eduke32 -g ..\Duke3d.GRP -g TheRock.grp TheRock.map -s"%INPUT%" -mx TheRock.con

I am testing using: EDuke32 r6955


This post has been edited by Paul B: 29 July 2018 - 09:28 AM

0

User is offline   Paul B 

  • 499

#7

View PostForge, on 29 July 2018 - 09:17 AM, said:

which snapshot are you using?

i can dump eduke32.exe in any folder on any drive on my comp and it finds all my grp files no problem -as long as they're installed in the 'traditional' locations (steam, gog, default cd install directory)


I am running EDuke32 from C:\Eduke32
My custom GRP file is located after decompressed into the Eduke32 folder would be: C:\Eduke32\TheRock\
The batch file executes from C:\Eduke32\TheRock folder. I have to specify where the Duke3d.GRP file is then it can find everything else. It doesn't appear now that I need to include the GAME.CON, USER.CON, DEFS.CON or Palette.DAT into my group file now.

Here is what my entire batch file to load the map looks like:
**** START OF FILE *****
@ECHO OFF
CLS
ECHO y | del settings.cfg
ECHO Choose a difficulty (0-4)
ECHO 0. No Monsters
ECHO 1. Piece of Cake
ECHO 2. Let's Rock
ECHO 3. Come Get Some
ECHO 4. Damn I'm Good
SET /P INPUT=[Difficulty:]
IF /I "%INPUT%"=="0" GOTO NOMONSTERS
ECHO Loading EDuke32...
ECHO ..\eduke32 -g ..\Duke3d.GRP -g TheRock.grp TheRock.map -s%INPUT% -mx TheRock.con
..\eduke32 -g ..\Duke3d.GRP -g TheRock.grp TheRock.map -s"%INPUT%" -mx TheRock.con

EXIT
:NOMONSTERS
..\eduke32 -g ..\Duke3d.GRP -g TheRock.grp TheRock.map -m -mx TheRock.con
EXIT

******* END OF FILE *****


It finally works as it is suppose to. Nothing like a little keyboard muscle to get the job done.


This post has been edited by Paul B: 29 July 2018 - 10:18 AM

0

User is online   Forge 

  • 8,538

#8

I have to leave, but there's something wrong with r6955.
it won't save my keyboard configurations and it crashes on start-up, loads, and saves
1

User is online   Mark 

  • Honored Donor
  • 2,891

#9

6 days ago NightFright posted save/load game crashes in that same version. It has no replies yet. I see there is another revision with a "cheap fix". <_<You might want to go a couple versions back for now.

The Eduke Wiki shows a "loadgrp" command which could be thrown in your duke3d def I would imagine to load your group. It states its the equivalent of the -g batch command

To your original post, I'm not sure if you need to type .exe after Eduke32 or not. ( in the command line )

This post has been edited by Mark.: 29 July 2018 - 10:17 AM

1

User is offline   Paul B 

  • 499

#10

My biggest problem now is every time my custom map loads the keyboard bindings get reverted back to their default settings as a result of me having to delete the settings.cfg.

I suspect this has to do with some type of corruption that happens in Eduke32 with the settings.cfg file at the time EDuke32 writes to the file during initial start-up. As a work around I auto delete the settings.cfg before each load otherwise there won't be any game bindings at all.

I've tested this with builds as old as: r6428. Once the game is running without a settings.cfg you can customize your bindings during that game but if you happen to quit and reload the game the settings.cfg has to be deleted before the game is launched again.

It would be nice if the problem with the settings.cfg can be fixed. If the settings.cfg file already exists don't write to the file. If the file doesn't exist then create a default file that doesn't corrupt the bindings.


This post has been edited by Paul B: 29 July 2018 - 02:17 PM

0

User is online   Forge 

  • 8,538

#11

Then it may be something you did, or put in your one of your files. I'm using r6945 with zero issues.

Have you tried removing your con & dat files from the grp and running it that way to eliminate them as the cause?
If it runs fine with just your map in it, then add your dat file. If it still runs fine, put in all the default con files. If it still runs fine, then start replacing the con files with your modified ones. Keep doing that until you find the file that's causing the issues.

You can also use a new directory, unpackage your grp into it, unzip your eduke32 into it, drop a duke3d.grp file into it & try running your game that way. You'll have an easier time using the process of elimination to find out what's causing the issue.

This post has been edited by Forge: 29 July 2018 - 02:29 PM

0

User is online   Mark 

  • Honored Donor
  • 2,891

#12

If its not already there, make sure you have duke3d.def, DUKE3D.GRP and my.grp in the root folder. In the duke3d.def file add in a line "loadgrp my.grp" without the quotes. I've never used a custom grp file but it looks like that should be all you have to do if all your custom content is inside my.grp

A batch file shouldn't be needed. This is provisional on if you have all the correct files inside the group too.

P.S. The settings cfg is something on your end. I've had no issues either.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 29 July 2018 - 02:49 PM

0

User is online   Forge 

  • 8,538

#13

View PostMark., on 29 July 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

P.S. The settings cfg is something on your end. I've had no issues either.

this is why I think he has some questionable code in his con file, or he's doing something odd that we can't see from the info he's provided
0

User is offline   Paul B 

  • 499

#14

View PostForge, on 29 July 2018 - 03:44 PM, said:

this is why I think he has some questionable code in his con file, or he's doing something odd that we can't see from the info he's provided



I really have nothing to hide. The only files in my GRP file is my .Con File.
Which only contains this:
definesound 400 rock_278.voc 0 0 254 2 0
definesound 401 rock_393.voc 0 0 255 0 0
definesound 402 rock_394.voc 0 0 255 2 0
definesound 403 rock_395.voc 0 0 255 2 0
definesound 404 rock_396.voc 0 0 4 0 0

and my CFG file which contains:

R_USENEWSHADING 1
SetRenderMode 4
R_PR_LIGHTING 0
R_SHADESCALE 1
VID_Brightness 0.1

Aside from my VOC files in the GRP file and the map itself that's all I have. I didn't need to provide any further files since I found out I can point directly to the Duke3d.GRP file when running the Eduke32.exe from a child folder.

Well, if someone wants to see what I am talking about they can download my map and extract it to their Eduke32 install folder then just run the batch file from the child folder called TheRock. Here is the direct download link.
https://www.dukemaps...y=5b5e8fa148187

The level is self contained to the GRP file in the child folder. Additional files get created under the child folder when the game is run probably because the level isn't loading from Eduke32 folder. Maybe I need to include more parameters in my batch file for the EDuke32.exe. Attached is a copy of my Eduke32.log

At the very bottom of the Eduke32 log you can see that it writes to eduke32.cfg & settings.cfg twice.

Attached File(s)




This post has been edited by Paul B: 29 July 2018 - 08:31 PM

0

User is offline   Paul B 

  • 499

#15

Very strange, so I removed my batch file line that deletes the settings.cfg because it was doing weird crap in the latest version of EDuke without deleting that file.. So I went back to the version Forge recommended. Now the settings.cfg file is working as it is suppose to.

Grrr i've been banging my head against the wall most of the day trying to make this work. Now it works, I just need to edit my batch file to remove the line that deletes the settings.cfg which i had to do in order to gain some functionality with the latest EDuke.

Thanks everyone for your input and help. I think I've finally got it for now, it just won't work using the latest synthesis until they fix it. Forge if I could give you 1000 rep points I would!

Regards,
Paul


This post has been edited by Paul B: 29 July 2018 - 09:44 PM

0

User is offline   Paul B 

  • 499

#16

Man I have no idea why Eduke32.exe launcher feels the need to replace content that's saved in the settings.cfg upon loading. Very annoying. I need to include a copy command in my batch file to take a copy of settings.cfg to restore if I want my settings to be retained each time the game is loaded.

I also can't seem to load Polymer from my settings.cfg file using a line at the bottom of the .CFG file that says: SetRenderMode "4"

Eduke32 Log Reports:
Initializing Polymer subsystem...
PR : Your video card driver/combo doesn't support the necessary features!
PR : Disabling Polymer...

However, if I remove that line, I can start-up the game in Polymer sorta. But then I can't access any symbols related to Polymer until I enter the Console and type manually: SetRenderMode 4
Only after that can I then type: R_PR_LIGHTING 0. Once I issue that command to turn off Polymer lights I can't turn them back on without exiting and reloading EDuke32.exe.

There seems to be a lot of bugs lately in Eduke now.... Yikes! =(


This post has been edited by Paul B: 29 July 2018 - 11:03 PM

0

User is online   Mark 

  • Honored Donor
  • 2,891

#17

Using an earlier version than 6955 because of the crash issues.

I downloaded the project and followed my suggestion about using the duke3d.def file with the loadgrp TheRock.grp line.
Then I copied my settings.cfg file and DUKE3D.GRP file to the root folder. No batch file needed. So this pic is what my folder looks like. It runs fine. Generally speaking, its better to not include a settings file because everyone has different needs. If you want to specify certain changes specific for your mod, use an autoexec.cfg file for them.

Attached thumbnail(s)

  • Attached Image: therockfiles.jpg


This post has been edited by Mark.: 30 July 2018 - 04:17 AM

1

User is online   Forge 

  • 8,538

#18

the duke3d.def file will work, but that file is also used for hrp. Some people might have that file already sitting in their base directory.
0

User is online   Mark 

  • Honored Donor
  • 2,891

#19

Thats right. I forgot. I'm a guy that creates new folders for each project so it works for me. And when I release a mod or TC I always instruct players to do the same when they install it. Combining things has led to countless confusion posts over the years. I try to avoid it.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 30 July 2018 - 05:17 AM

1

User is online   Forge 

  • 8,538

#20

View PostMark., on 30 July 2018 - 05:13 AM, said:

Thats right. I forgot. I'm a guy that creates new folders for each project so it works for me. And when I release a mod or TC I always instruct players to do the same when they install it. Combining things has led to countless confusion posts over the years. I try to avoid it.

I do the same, but I try not to judge people and their life-style choices
0

User is offline   Paul B 

  • 499

#21

View PostMark., on 30 July 2018 - 04:04 AM, said:

Using an earlier version than 6955 because of the crash issues.

I downloaded the project and followed my suggestion about using the duke3d.def file with the loadgrp TheRock.grp line.
Then I copied my settings.cfg file and DUKE3D.GRP file to the root folder. No batch file needed. So this pic is what my folder looks like. It runs fine. Generally speaking, its better to not include a settings file because everyone has different needs. If you want to specify certain changes specific for your mod, use an autoexec.cfg file for them.



Thanks Mark, that helped a lot! I forgot about the autoexec.cfg. I thought that if I had a TheRock.cfg instead it would automatically load like the autoexec.cfg but it doesn't. So I renamed TheRock.cfg to autoexec.cfg and it loads during start-up. The contents of my autoexec enforce Polymer and I think the problems I am facing by doing that on my laptop which has an onboard Intel Graphics card and a discrete Nvidia GPU is that the Eduke32 doesn't attempt to start Polymer with the Nvidia card but with the Intel onboard card. Which is why I experience a problem with Polymer not loading. However, once in the game I can enable Polymer then have access to all those symbols I was trying to use to tweak the display environment. It would be nice if the EDuke32 loader could detect the presence of a gaming card and attempt to use it as the default processor. Or if the primary display driver fails to start Polymer check to see if there is an alternate accelerated graphics card. This could just be an Nvidia control panel tweak I might need to do on my end to enable and associate the Nvidia GPU with EDuke32 so that when EDuke runs it automatically associates it with the Polymer supported GPU.

I want to use the batch file as the method of running my level for the best experience for the end user. I don't want to complicate things. It should just be as simple as running the batch file selecting difficulty and away you go. Making all other assets and resources transparent to the user by having them all contained into a single GRP file in its own directory. It just keeps it clean and simple that way for the users install directory.


This post has been edited by Paul B: 30 July 2018 - 09:30 AM

0

User is online   Forge 

  • 8,538

#22

View PostPaul B, on 30 July 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

This could just be an Nvidia control panel tweak I might need to do on my end to enable and associate the Nvidia GPU with EDuke32 so that when EDuke runs it automatically associates it with the Polymer supported GPU.

^this
3D Settings
Program Settings
select or add eduke32.exe
OpenGL Rendering GPU
*select the Nvidia card in the drop-down box
Apply
-note that it will only apply the specific eduke32.exe you selected. If you have the program installed in multiple locations, you'll have to individually add / select them all one at a time.


Making eduke32 do an extensive hardware search on your comp then selecting the best component and driver? I dunno about that.

This post has been edited by Forge: 30 July 2018 - 10:18 AM

1

User is offline   Paul B 

  • 499

#23

View PostForge, on 30 July 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

^this
3D Settings
Program Settings
select or add eduke32.exe
OpenGL Rendering GPU
*select the Nvidia card in the drop-down box
Apply
-note that it will only apply the specific eduke32.exe you selected. If you have the program installed in multiple locations, you'll have to individually add / select them all one at a time.


Making eduke32 do an extensive hardware search on your comp then selecting the best component and driver? I dunno about that.

Thanks Forge those were the exact steps. Interestingly enough though it didn't seem to make a difference. Perhaps an Nvidia 550M is not a 100% supported GPU for Polymer. It would be nice if an HCL existed and would report back why it doesn't load. In any case I can still get Polymer to load it just requires me to be in game. I will include this functionality in my batch file when Polymer fails to initialize on start so it just doesn't quit without some type of notice to the user.

Attached is an EDuke32.log showing the bug with Polymer not starting. On this particular build of Eduke it falls back to Polymost 32Bit OpenGL. Then inside the game I type in the console setrendermode 4. Now Polymer works.

Attached File(s)




This post has been edited by Paul B: 30 July 2018 - 03:54 PM

0

User is online   Mark 

  • Honored Donor
  • 2,891

#24

Try using even older versions of Eduke32. This is a recent problem right? Do you have other folders with eduke projects in them? Do they run fine?

Also, why is the log showing a 220 card when you say you have a 550?

This post has been edited by Mark.: 30 July 2018 - 03:57 PM

0

User is offline   Paul B 

  • 499

#25

View PostMark., on 30 July 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

Try using even older versions of Eduke32. This is a recent problem right? Do you have other folders with eduke projects in them? Do they run fine?

I don't really mess around with EDuke for mods and custom changes. I'm also using 3 different computers while testing. A Windows 7 Pro 64Bit, A Windows 10 Laptop and a Windows 10 Pro Desktop. Which will explain why you see me talking about different video hardware. I'll create a totally fresh Eduke32 folder with the Duke3D GRP and go from there. If anyone can recommend a stable release I'll download it and give it a shot. It's been a long while since I've had the time to play with Duke.


This post has been edited by Paul B: 30 July 2018 - 04:00 PM

0

User is online   Mark 

  • Honored Donor
  • 2,891

#26

In that case go back a few months to an older eduke32 and see if the problem persists. If it does, the problem is probably on your end. I've been using 6496 in one of my project for a while now with no issues.

Fresh install is good. It helps to rule out other possibilities. I've had people with problems running my projects and when I saw the log file I would see entries for GOG, Steam, World Tour and I'd tell them to do a clean install.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 30 July 2018 - 04:07 PM

0

User is offline   Paul B 

  • 499

#27

View PostMark., on 30 July 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

In that case go back a few months to an older eduke32 and see if the problem persists. If it does, the problem is probably on your end. I've been using 6496 in one of my project for a while now with no issues.

Fresh install is good. It helps to rule out other possibilities. I've had people with problems running my projects and when I saw the log file I would see entries for GOG, Steam, World Tour and I'd tell them to do a clean install.


So I used a clean folder and reverted Eduke Back to :EDuke32 2.0.0devel r4536 (64-bit)

I still receive strange behavior when attempting to run Eduke32 with Polymer. Even though the box is ticked in the Eduke32 launcher Polymer won't start until I enable it via the console.

Here's the snippet from the Eduke32.log
Initializing Polymer subsystem...
PR : Your video card driver/combo doesn't support the necessary features!
PR : Disabling Polymer...
Rendering method changed to polygonal OpenGL
Disabling desktop composition...
Setting video mode 1024x768 (32-bpp windowed)
OpenGL Information:
 Version:  3.3.0
 Vendor:   NVIDIA Corporation
 Renderer: GeForce GT 220/PCIe/SSE2
Opened "textures" as cache file
Initializing music...
Initializing sound... 32 voices, 2 channels, 16-bit 44100 Hz
Cache time: 52ms
E1L8: USER MAP
Initializing Polymer subsystem...
PR : Board loaded.
PR : Initialization complete in 1109 ms.
CLIPPING: OFF
PR : EXT sec=973  z=28288 (46720, 29696)
PR : EXT sec=1024  z=37444 (29312, 17024)
PR : EXT sec=1024  z=37827 (29312, 17024)
Initializing Polymer subsystem...
PR : Board loaded.
PR : Initialization complete in 664 ms.
Rendering method changed to great justice (Polymer)
r_pr_lighting 1Disabling desktop composition...
Setting video mode 1024x768 (32-bpp windowed)
Opened "textures" as cache file
Initializing Polymer subsystem...
PR : Board loaded.
PR : Initialization complete in 605 ms.


Back in the day when I had time to map I never recall having problems with the Polymer renderer as it was my preferred renderer of choice, as you probably already know.

Maybe this has something to do with an OpenGL resource that's in the parent folder of Eduke that's not loading at startup as a result of me using a child folder for my custom map. I'm starting to think I'm doing something wrong again. lol


This post has been edited by Paul B: 30 July 2018 - 04:37 PM

0

User is online   Mark 

  • Honored Donor
  • 2,891

#28

The way to test your theory about child folder is to set up the project exactly like I showed in a previous post.
https://forums.duke4...post__p__304043

BTW, do you have "r_pr_lighting 1" in the autoexec.cfg file?
0

User is online   Forge 

  • 8,538

#29

Not sure why you aren't extracting an eduke32 zip into an empty folder, dumping nothing but duke3d.grp into the folder with it, and running a completely clean game with polymer enabled to see if polymer will even run it on that comp without being forced

if it doesn't, change the eduke32.exe shortcut's command line:
eduke32 -forcegl


View PostMark., on 30 July 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

I've had people with problems running my projects and when I saw the log file I would see entries for GOG, Steam, World Tour and I'd tell them to do a clean install.

That's in my log file on a clean install (and the cd install).
eduke32.exe seeks out all my duke3d.grp installs and lists them off

This post has been edited by Forge: 30 July 2018 - 06:29 PM

0

User is offline   Paul B 

  • 499

#30

View PostMark., on 30 July 2018 - 05:50 PM, said:

The way to test your theory about child folder is to set up the project exactly like I showed in a previous post.
https://forums.duke4...post__p__304043

BTW, do you have "r_pr_lighting 1" in the autoexec.cfg file?


So it appears the line in my autoexec.cfg which reads: SetRenderMode 4 is causing polymer not to enable. Kind of Ironic when that command should be forcing Polymer.
I do use R_PR_LIGHTING "0" in my autoexec.cfg. I want to push Polymer but I don't want the Polymer lights. Polymer is basically being used to fully support the TROR in the level.


I have done like Forge and Mark suggested by using a single folder with the map to ensure the Video mode is natively supported and it is on all 3 computers I am testing on.

@ FORGE - I'll try using the Eduke switch for -forcegl, thanks i didn't even see that one in the Eduke32 /? syntax.

So basically where i'm at now is the following lines in my Autoexec.cfg aren't being applied even though the file is being run at startup.
R_USENEWSHADING "1"
R_PR_LIGHTING "0"
R_SHADESCALE "1"
VID_Brightness "0.1"

If I include this line in the autoexec.cfg SetRenderMode "4" Eduke32 will definitely not start as it fails to load Polymer from this command.


*** UPDATE *** So it turns out the commands in the autoexec.cfg are case sensitive. If they are in uppercase letters it doesn't work. Has to be all lowercase. What bullshit! the console commands show in all uppercase. Anyway slowly making progress with this POS! I'm sure the reason for this has some Linux explanation behind it.


This post has been edited by Paul B: 30 July 2018 - 08:41 PM

0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options