Duke4.net Forums: Running released mods with your own Projects - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Running released mods with your own Projects

User is offline   darkcaleb 

Hey there, I have been wondering about something for a while now, this has to do with being able to play other mod with your own projects. There is a problem that i would like to adjust so hopefully to make other projects like example Duke Kickass or Nuclear Showdown work more smoothly without interfering to much with the art tiles and sounds. My quistion is if it's possible to run project like Nuclear Showdown with you own without having to change the whole art tiles and needing to replace sounds from the places? It is possible and I would like to know how?

User is offline   Mark 

If your project and the other mod are using the same tile numbers there will be a problem obviously. There is also a good chance that the con code from both projects could interfere with each other. I don't understand exactly what you want to do but it doesn't seem like it would be an easy thing to combine two projects because of the overlapping of assets.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 23 July 2018 - 04:19 AM

View PostMark., on 23 July 2018 - 04:16 AM, said:

If your project and the other mod are using the same tile numbers there will be a problem obviously. There is also a good chance that the con code from both projects could interfere with each other. I don't understand exactly what you want to do but it doesn't seem like it would be an easy thing to combine two projects because of the overlapping of assets.

I understand what your saying, but i was thinking if it was possible through con coding to make it work somehow? I mean projects would be more enjoyable if you would be able to use for example the weapons or enemies. Would even motivate people for releasing more projects. My projects have been using almost the same art tiles for i don't know how long. But allot of projects get eventually released and that when the conflict appears. I'm just saying it would be a cool idea or asset. It sometimes bothers me when i see project outside Duke3d like Doom that have to possibility to run a map with new textures and the same time running example a weapons package..

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

EDuke32 has near-zero support for modular loading of multiple mods at a time. It's something that I need to rectify, but is extremely unlikely to automatically work for anything released to date.

User is offline   Mark 

Until then you'll have to "borrow" the features you want from other mods and install them in your project.

View PostHendricks266, on 23 July 2018 - 08:21 AM, said:

EDuke32 has near-zero support for modular loading of multiple mods at a time. It's something that I need to rectify, but is extremely unlikely to automatically work for anything released to date.

Good to know! :(

View PostMark., on 23 July 2018 - 09:59 AM, said:

Until then you'll have to "borrow" the features you want from other mods and install them in your project.

Well i guess that's the only option right! :(

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options