Lake Mead?

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Today, 03:14 PM #13
Ras

Re: Questions for George Brussard...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennerado
That back room Lake Mead footage was actually out publicly? I have NEVER seen it, must be the rarest DNF footage out there.
Yeah. The quality was really bad, but TC had it up for a short time. I think he had it up in a way you couldn't download it without some effort, and he had taken it down before I went back to try. Searching for it last night, I saw a news piece on Blue's that said he was asked to take it down by 3DR.

Anyone know anything about this? :)

User is offline   Ras 

View Postzchri9, on May 25 2009, 03:31 PM, said:

Anyone know anything about this? :D

I do, but that's because you're quoting me. :) I think it's lost to the mists of time. According to Blue's News, TC (of the Daily Dementia) posted it in the middle of the night. George quickly asked him to pull it, which he did. It was a streaming Real file, and I don't think anyone saved it before it was taken out. The quality was horrendous, and TC or whoever filmed it didn't capture the whole thing. The demo included a "zoo" and an extended version of the highway scene. The video I saw only had some footage of the Lake Mead "chase" as well as the only demonstration of the Shades Operating System I have ever seen.

This is going to be like the cars thing all over again where nobody believes me, but this time, I have no way to prove it. I wish I had managed to get a copy. I'd be legend.

This post has been edited by Ras: 25 May 2009 - 10:09 PM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

So where exactly was this available? Sounds interesting.

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

It would be good if someone could find this again.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

The thread in question at least: http://forums.3dreal...ad.php?p=877561

Unless I'm missing something.

This post has been edited by Daedolon: 25 May 2009 - 11:09 PM

View PostRas, on May 26 2009, 12:08 AM, said:

I do, but that's because you're quoting me. :) I think it's lost to the mists of time. According to Blue's News, TC (of the Daily Dementia) posted it in the middle of the night. George quickly asked him to pull it, which he did. It was a streaming Real file, and I don't think anyone saved it before it was taken out. The quality was horrendous, and TC or whoever filmed it didn't capture the whole thing. The demo included a "zoo" and an extended version of the highway scene. The video I saw only had some footage of the Lake Mead "chase" as well as the only demonstration of the Shades Operating System I have ever seen.

This is going to be like the cars thing all over again where nobody believes me, but this time, I have no way to prove it. I wish I had managed to get a copy. I'd be legend.

No you're right... it was out there at one point. I remember seeing it myself as well. We were trying to find it again a few years ago when I was still at 3DR. You could probably try asking TC for it, though I doubt he would give it up if he did still have it.

User is offline   hornoxe 

I'm a little confused, was this lake mead footage of an older DNF iteration or the latest?

User is offline   K100 

Older. With the Quake 2 engine.

User is offline   hornoxe 

ah thanks, now I don't have to get worked up over having missed something important :)

User is offline   Ras 

View PostWieder, on May 26 2009, 12:30 PM, said:

No you're right... it was out there at one point. I remember seeing it myself as well. We were trying to find it again a few years ago when I was still at 3DR. You could probably try asking TC for it, though I doubt he would give it up if he did still have it.

Thanks, Charlie. Yousa saved my again!

View PostWieder, on May 26 2009, 07:30 PM, said:

TC? :)

TC is the "Daily Dementia" dude. No idea what his real name is. It's been years since I listened to one of his shows. I think I have a few MP3s of TC with Joe, and one of TC with Stevie Nicks. :)

User is offline   Ras 

View PostAgentScotty, on May 26 2009, 08:50 PM, said:

TC is the "Daily Dementia" dude. No idea what his real name is. It's been years since I listened to one of his shows. I think I have a few MP3s of TC with Joe, and one of TC with Stevie Nicks. :)

TC is a guy named Malcolm Michaels. He went by TC because he was from the Twin Cities area. The Daily Dementia was a short-lived internet radio show. It was really great in its heyday. Malcolm revived the show a few years back, but it just wasn't the same.

Last I heard, Malcolm was in the casual games business. He had a hand in developing that Gold Miner game that was popular for a little while a couple of years back.

Thanks for the info. I mailed him through the contact page of TechHotDish.com , let's see if he replies...

User is offline   Kennerado 

• Honored Donor

Will be interesting to see what his reply is.

User is offline   K100 

Nothing new about this ?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options