Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] bonus map for Decay - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] bonus map for Decay

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

Unzip this map into the main Decay folder. Choose usermap and then Bonusmap from the menu.

You thought you were going to have a nice dinner and a movie with your date tonight. But...while standing in line for tickets
at the Cinema, a masked man storms the ticket counter for a robbery. Wanting to impress your date you foolishly decide to
confront the robber and be the hero. It didn't go too well. During the scuffle you hear distant gun shots and screaming.It
distracted you long enough for the robber to whack you on the head with something.Hours later you wake up in a pile of garbage in an unfamiliar back alley with a splitting headache. You pick up a nearby metal pipe that was probably used to knock you out. You want to find your way back to the Cinema to find what happened to your date.
Again you are hearing gunshots and sirens and proceed with caution.

I didn't get any replies when I asked here for beta testers so it has minimal testing that was done by my old buddy TeaMonster. Any issues with the map I can now shift the blame to him. Hee Hee. A known bug is one friend/enemy, a sniper bot, is a sprite instead of a model. He was never finished or used in the original release of Decay. I threw a couple in just for fun. I call them friend and enemy because they are not too careful about what they are shooting at. Its best to take them out
before they shoot you accidently. If they end up being too annoying I'll remove them.

The map is in 3 basic sections and is a keycard hunt to get from one area to the next.

Here is a link to the original Decay Project if you need to download and install it first.
https://forums.duke4...post__p__232700

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Mark.: 11 July 2018 - 05:27 AM

User is offline   Hank 

Posted Image
Posted Image

p.s. little time to play right now, but boy, Decay (I missed it all together) and your map, awesome.

Time waits for no one.

This post has been edited by Hank: 12 July 2018 - 03:05 PM

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

I don't see Polymer lights in your screen pics. As a reminder, Decay has the same lighting hack that HHR uses that will turn off lights not in the player's immediate area or view. It gives a framerate boost.

This map is a standalone while the other original Decay maps were a progression. This map started out as a remake of the first level of Kingpin. I found out that without using Kingpin assets the map couldn't capture the charm of Kingpin. So it became a regular small map. Later on after seeing how small the map was I decided to take part of my unfinished Hollywood Holocaust for Decay map and combine it with what I had here. So you will see some of the obvious parts of HH and a few from Kingpin. Especially the start position. A version of the back alley at the start of that game.

This release was just adding a new map. Someday I would like to revisit the project and replace some of those very early zombies with something as good as the newer ones made by Chicken and TeaMonster. I cringe when I see pics of the lamer looking ones.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 12 July 2018 - 03:44 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMark., on 12 July 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

I don't see Polymer lights in your screen pics.

I'm moving (better said trying to), so, my old comps can't handle Polymer. Once we are settled (early Winter) I play with Polymer. :)

Time waits for no one.

User is offline   Hank 

Posted Image
Posted Image

:dukecigar: done in cheat mode, but with polymer :dukecigar:

Time waits for no one.

This post has been edited by Hank: 28 minutes ago

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options