Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Voice Impression 2018 - Happy 4th! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Voice Impression 2018 - Happy 4th!

Here's another Duke impression for you. Please give me your honest opinions, and I hope you all have a great Independence Day!

User is offline   Mark 

Not bad but its lacking emotion. It sounds like you were just reading text.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

You have the 'accent' and 'tone' down, but like Mark. said, it lacks "grit".
And it does sound, for the lack of a better description, "stretched out". Like you're taking your time to enunciate each and every word, instead of being more fluid and snappy with the entire phrase.

View PostMark., on 04 July 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

View PostForge, on 04 July 2018 - 03:12 PM, said:

You have the 'accent' and 'tone' down, but like Mark. said, it lacks "grit".
And it does sound, for the lack of a better description, "stretched out". Like you're taking your time to enunciate each and every word, instead of being more fluid and snappy with the entire phrase.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely work on that next go around. I can think of two things that might've contributed to what you've pointed out, 1. I was exhausted from the heat and having a physical job, and 2. I was reading the text... I'll work on it, and come back in a few months with a new, and hopefully improved, one. Thanks again, I always appreciate some pointers and constructive criticism.

View PostMark., on 04 July 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

This is how I felt about the legacy Duke talk. I enjoyed the new recorded line for 20th Anniversary, but still prefer the Duke Nukem Forever lines.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options