Duke4.net Forums: Limelight Media? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Limelight Media?

User is offline   Sanek 

Limelight Media was a small-time shareware company that operated in USA and Canada roughly from 1993 till '96. They were famous for their "Platinum Plus" line of CD's with home & office software in it. They also sold quite a number of famous PC games of the era.
The reason I write about this here is because Limelight was kinda sticked to games from Apogee Software much more than games from other studios.
They released a number of collections and bundles with Apogee Games, with original logos, screenshots and stuff like that.
Here's the list and covers of the cds:

Apogee Games Companion
Posted Image

Hocus Pocus & Mystic Towers Companion
Posted Image

Rise Of The Triad Companion - no cover available.

Wolfenstein 3-D & Blake Stone Companion
Posted Image

Apogee's games was officially distributed by GT, FormGen, WizardWorks and others, and there's also a huge number of companies like Limelight that sold shareware versions of the games. However, few of them was authorised by Apogee/3DRealms.
It seems like Limelight Media was closed in 1996, after Solitairy Confinement CD was released.
What happened to them? They went bankrupt or what? Is there any other shareware bundles with Apogee's games re-released by the company? I wonder if anyone know something about that. :(

This post has been edited by Sanek: 30 June 2018 - 01:09 PM

User is offline   VGA 

What are these companion CDs? They just have a couple of shareware programs?

View PostVGA, on 12 November 2018 - 04:02 AM, said:

What are these companion CDs? They just have a couple of shareware programs?

The last one says at the bottom that it contained maps, cheats and more. The others just look like shareware on CD since not everyone could download it from a BBS.

User is offline   Sanek 

Yeah, it's just shareware. I also find out that it's not like authorised distributor of Apogee's products.
However...I wonder if this Wolf3D/Blake Stone combo can be downloaded anywhere. I wonder if these "maps, cheats and more" have some user-made Blake Stone content.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options