Duke4.net Forums: Question about old .cfg files making Quicksave stop working - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Question about old .cfg files making Quicksave stop working

In 6927 (64-bit) I noticed that hitting F6 doesn't do anything anymore, no quicksaving. I also tried the latest version 6933, but that also didn't work, F6 doesn't do anything. I notice if I hit shift+F6 I get a message at the top of the screen "You bottom dwelling scum sucker" though. Quick saving worked in 6650 the version I was using previously though.

But one thing is I always copy and use the same eduke32.cfg and settings.cfg, so I don't have to reset everything. I noticed if I deleted these cfg files from the eduke 6933 directory though, F6 worked again and started saving stuff. So I guess something in a recent version broke using older cfg files?

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 28 June 2018 - 05:16 PM

Not seeing the edit option here so double posting, anyways I just did bind f6 in console and bind f9 in console to gamefunc_quick_save and gamefunc_quick_load, now all is good there. And since those are in my .cfg now, and weren't before even though quicksaving worked, this should do it if pasting it into new versions I figure.

And rock on!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options