Duke4.net Forums: Question about old .cfg files making Quicksave stop working - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Question about old .cfg files making Quicksave stop working

User is offline   PsychoGoatee 

In 6927 (64-bit) I noticed that hitting F6 doesn't do anything anymore, no quicksaving. I also tried the latest version 6933, but that also didn't work, F6 doesn't do anything. I notice if I hit shift+F6 I get a message at the top of the screen "You bottom dwelling scum sucker" though. Quick saving worked in 6650 the version I was using previously though.

But one thing is I always copy and use the same eduke32.cfg and settings.cfg, so I don't have to reset everything. I noticed if I deleted these cfg files from the eduke 6933 directory though, F6 worked again and started saving stuff. So I guess something in a recent version broke using older cfg files?

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 28 June 2018 - 05:16 PM

User is offline   PsychoGoatee 

Not seeing the edit option here so double posting, anyways I just did bind f6 in console and bind f9 in console to gamefunc_quick_save and gamefunc_quick_load, now all is good there. And since those are in my .cfg now, and weren't before even though quicksaving worked, this should do it if pasting it into new versions I figure.

And rock on!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options