Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Nukem: Detain - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Nukem: Detain  "Detain the Aliens from activating a powerful missile!"

User is offline   Maisth 

Hello everyone, i'm happy to announce that Detain is finally releasing after half a year.

I want to say that Detain won't be the last map, i'll be working on a last map for the storyline of both Escape and Detain, with that said i've decided to name this trilogy Nukem, so from now on the maps who are part of the same storyline as this will have the name Nukem

Playable on Polymer, Polymost and Classic, (there may be some bugs on classic and polymer)

Story: The EDF Base has been captured by the Aliens and they are trying to find a way on how to activate a powerful Nuclear Missile capable of destroying the whole Earth.
Luckily the Missile has 2 reactors powering it up, destroying the 2 Reactors will leave the Missile without Nuclear power, But for Duke deactivating the Missile is not enough as he has another
idea in mind...

Download Link: http://www.mediafire...DETAIN.zip/file

After playing the map you could leave some feedback.

Photos:

Attached Image: Nukem Detain_000000.png

Attached Image: duke0009.png

Attached Image: duke0010.png

Attached Image: duke0011.png

Attached Image: duke0013.png

Attached Image: duke0014.png

Attached Image: duke0015.png

Attached Image: duke0016.png

Attached Image: duke0017.png

Attached Image: duke0018.png

Attached Image: duke0019.png

Attached Image: duke0021.png

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostMaisth, on 20 June 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

Playable on Polymer, Polymost and Classic, (there may be some bugs on classic and polymer)

Are you sure you didn't mean bugs on Classic and Polymost? I don't know of any visual glitches with Polymer. Then again my eye isn't trained for picking up half the details as some of these graphical geniuses out there.

Alternate download here: http://www.dukemaps.net/?p=10070

This post has been edited by Paul B: 20 June 2018 - 12:13 PM

User is offline   Maisth 

View PostPaul B, on 20 June 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

Are you sure you didn't mean bugs on Classic and Polymost? I don't know of any visual glitches with Polymer. Then again my eye isn't trained for picking up half the details as some of these graphical geniuses out there.

Polymer presented a few glitch problems with sprites on the walls, since the map makes heavy use of sprites on walls using polymer they may not appear correctly.

This post has been edited by Maisth: 20 June 2018 - 12:14 PM

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostMaisth, on 20 June 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

Polymer presented a few glitch problems with sprites on the walls, since the map makes heavy use of sprites on walls using polymer they may not appear correctly.

Oh, I think I know what you mean... maybe. If the wall-aligned sprites are actually applied directly against the wall they can flicker. Typically I manually position the walled aligned sprites so that they aren't touching the wall but slightly removed a bit so it's not visually noticeable in 3D mode and it doesn't cause the flicker then I just make sure the sprite isn't set for blockable so duke can't jump off the sprite to get somewhere he shouldn't. Anyway, nice work i'm looking forward to trying this out when I have a minute.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 20 June 2018 - 12:19 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Several wall aligned sprites - pictures, posters, light switches - are blocking and it makes Duke stand on them if the player walks up to them to see if they activate lights, panels, etc.
Quite a few misaligned textures - one the worst being after the rock outcrop in the toxic ooze platforming section - the office that's jumped into has a set of wall lockers that are panned off-center badly
The assets (weapons & health). Seems like there was a lot at the beginning & again at the end of the two loops - it could have been distributed a bit more evenly/slowly down the two paths instead.

The shading was very good. The texturing choices & combos were well chosen. The map was well detailed and the architecture was solid & well constructed. There was a nice variety to both the player's arsenal & the aliens encountered. The firefights and encounters were set up nicely.

tl;dr: it looked and played nicely, there were only a few minor things that could have been tightened up a bit.

Good map. Thanks for sharing.

This post has been edited by Forge: 20 June 2018 - 01:06 PM

User is offline   Maisth 

View PostForge, on 20 June 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

Several wall aligned sprites - pictures, posters, light switches - are blocking and it makes Duke stand on them if the player walks up to them to see if they activate lights, panels, etc.
Quite a few misaligned textures - one the worst being after the rock outcrop in the toxic ooze platforming section - the office that's jumped into has a set of wall lockers that are panned off-center badly
The assets (weapons & health). Seems like there was a lot at the beginning & again at the end of the two loops - it could have been distributed a bit more evenly/slowly down the two paths instead.

The shading was very good. The texturing choices & combos were well chosen. The map was well detailed and the architecture was solid & well constructed. There was a nice variety to both the player's arsenal & the aliens encountered. The firefights and encounters were set up nicely.

tl;dr: it looked and played nicely, there were only a few minor things that could have been tightened up a bit.

Good map. Thanks for sharing.

Much appreciated, thanks for playing the map and giving feedback on some things!

User is offline   Maisth 

Map is now available on World Tour version, check it out!

https://steamcommuni...950995&result=1

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Played Detain , pretty good level.
Uploading video of playing it.

User is online   Vagan 

Thank you for this, really enjoyed it. Played it through using DukePlus/enhanced enemy AI on CGS, keyboard-only fwiw (other than using the mouse on occasion).

I didn't have any issues with the ammo loadout progression. I'm pretty conservative with ammo usage. I ran out of ammo on a few different weapons temporarily, forcing using different weapons, so I think the ammo balance was good. I found ammo on a regular basis.

I ran into three problems that I thought you should know about:

The red keycard was hard to trigger. I had to back up a little, jump a bit and look up/down/around to get the keycard to activate. The renderer was whatever the default is for the current download of DukePlus.

Same for the switch that appears along with the Battlelord, in the room with the circular construct in the middle.

I looked everywhere and couldn't figure out how to get to the secret. I jetpacked there via dnkroz, because I was curious if there was anything there. If the flagpost was non-blocking, that would do the trick - unless there's a jetpack hidden nearby that I didn't find (which would do the trick as well :( )

Sorry, no screenshots (I deleted everything) but I can get them if you want.

Thanks again, it was fun and memorable.

User is offline   Maisth 

View PostVagan, on 24 June 2018 - 11:14 PM, said:

Thank you for this, really enjoyed it. Played it through using DukePlus/enhanced enemy AI on CGS, keyboard-only fwiw (other than using the mouse on occasion).

I didn't have any issues with the ammo loadout progression. I'm pretty conservative with ammo usage. I ran out of ammo on a few different weapons temporarily, forcing using different weapons, so I think the ammo balance was good. I found ammo on a regular basis.

I ran into three problems that I thought you should know about:

The red keycard was hard to trigger. I had to back up a little, jump a bit and look up/down/around to get the keycard to activate. The renderer was whatever the default is for the current download of DukePlus.

Same for the switch that appears along with the Battlelord, in the room with the circular construct in the middle.

I looked everywhere and couldn't figure out how to get to the secret. I jetpacked there via dnkroz, because I was curious if there was anything there. If the flagpost was non-blocking, that would do the trick - unless there's a jetpack hidden nearby that I didn't find (which would do the trick as well :( )

Sorry, no screenshots (I deleted everything) but I can get them if you want.

Thanks again, it was fun and memorable.

Will take note into the keycard and switch thingy for future maps, thanks for liking the map.

As for the secret, you gotta jump into the camera there's in the wall and you can get up the cliff.

This post has been edited by Maisth: 26 June 2018 - 07:10 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options