Duke4.net Forums: Eduke32 on Raspbian Strecth - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Eduke32 on Raspbian Strecth

User is offline   Wild Dog 

Hi, i been trying to compile "eduke32_src_20180609-6914" for raspbian but without any luck. Following these topic https://forums.duke4...an-jessie-0318/

I found out that there is an issue when you try to compile against SDL2, and that i should be able to run Eduke32 if i run it like this "SDL_RENDER_DRIVER=software ./eduke32" but even if do that, i just get a black screen and i can hear the sound.

So i tried to compile it against SDL1 using SDL_TARGET=1, but when i try to compile it, it fails with this error.

"source/build/src/sdlayer.cpp:677:26: error: ‘SDL_GL_UnloadLibrary’ was not declared in this scope
SDL_GL_UnloadLibrary();"

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Does building with USE_OPENGL=0 make any difference with either SDL1 or SDL2?

View PostHendricks266, on 11 June 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

Does building with USE_OPENGL=0 make any difference with either SDL1 or SDL2?

If i set it to USE_OPENGL=0 this is what i get.

"source/build/src/palette.cpp: In function ‘void paletteSetColorTable(int32_t, const uint8_t*)’:
source/build/src/palette.cpp:658:25: error: ‘uploadbasepalette’ was not declared in this scope
uploadbasepalette(id);
^
Failed building obj/build/palette.o from source/build/src/palette.cpp!
GNUmakefile:983: recipe for target 'obj/build/palette.o' failed
make: *** [obj/build/palette.o] Error 1"

User is offline   pogokeen 

• EDuke32 Developer

Sorry about those issues!

I've just pushed fixes for building with USE_OPENGL=0 and will push a fix for the SDL1 issue shortly.

Thanks for the reports. I can try to reproduce the Raspbian build issue here building on my own Raspberry Pi 3 B. May I ask which version of the Raspberry Pi hardware you are running on?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

EDuke32 on Raspbian (and Software mode in general) would greatly benefit from a fragment shader to blit the 8bpp screen as a way around the expensive CPU-side 8-bit to 32-bit conversion. JonoF did something like that in JFBuild: https://github.com/j...00dc7f668552b6e

View Postpogokeen, on 11 June 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

Sorry about those issues!

I've just pushed fixes for building with USE_OPENGL=0 and will push a fix for the SDL1 issue shortly.

Thanks for the reports. I can try to reproduce the Raspbian build issue here building on my own Raspberry Pi 3 B. May I ask which version of the Raspberry Pi hardware you are running on?

I´m using a 3 B, GL Drivers with fake KMS.

Edit: Last year i made a cabinet for a friend, using a 3 B, one of the game was Duke3d and it did work great using SDL1. I took a look at the files that used for the project and the version was "eduke32_src_20170412-6120" i tried that version on my 3 B and it is working like a charm with SDL1

This post has been edited by Wild Dog: 11 June 2018 - 07:16 PM

• EDuke32 Developer

Perfect! :( I should be able to work on building for that exact hardware here & fix things up for you.

View PostHendricks266, on 11 June 2018 - 06:36 PM, said:

EDuke32 on Raspbian (and Software mode in general) would greatly benefit from a fragment shader to blit the 8bpp screen as a way around the expensive CPU-side 8-bit to 32-bit conversion. JonoF did something like that in JFBuild: https://github.com/j...00dc7f668552b6e

Mm, that would be good. I'll take a look and fix up a similar solution for EDuke32.

Thank you very much

• EDuke32 Developer

I've pushed a fix (r6939) for the SDL1 build issues as well as improved palette-conversion & upscaling that should help performance (especially if GL is available). Hopefully that fixes everything and lets you get up and running on Raspbian -- let me know if you're still running into any issues. I haven't had a chance to setup Raspbian on my Pi to test here just yet, but I'm still planning to take a look at it when time permits.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options