Duke4.net Forums: Eduke32 on Raspbian Strecth - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Eduke32 on Raspbian Strecth

User is offline   Wild Dog 

Hi, i been trying to compile "eduke32_src_20180609-6914" for raspbian but without any luck. Following these topic https://forums.duke4...an-jessie-0318/

I found out that there is an issue when you try to compile against SDL2, and that i should be able to run Eduke32 if i run it like this "SDL_RENDER_DRIVER=software ./eduke32" but even if do that, i just get a black screen and i can hear the sound.

So i tried to compile it against SDL1 using SDL_TARGET=1, but when i try to compile it, it fails with this error.

"source/build/src/sdlayer.cpp:677:26: error: ‘SDL_GL_UnloadLibrary’ was not declared in this scope
SDL_GL_UnloadLibrary();"

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• EDuke32 Senior Developer

Does building with USE_OPENGL=0 make any difference with either SDL1 or SDL2?

View PostHendricks266, on 11 June 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

Does building with USE_OPENGL=0 make any difference with either SDL1 or SDL2?

If i set it to USE_OPENGL=0 this is what i get.

"source/build/src/palette.cpp: In function ‘void paletteSetColorTable(int32_t, const uint8_t*)’:
source/build/src/palette.cpp:658:25: error: ‘uploadbasepalette’ was not declared in this scope
uploadbasepalette(id);
^
Failed building obj/build/palette.o from source/build/src/palette.cpp!
GNUmakefile:983: recipe for target 'obj/build/palette.o' failed
make: *** [obj/build/palette.o] Error 1"

User is offline   pogokeen 

• EDuke32 Developer

Sorry about those issues!

I've just pushed fixes for building with USE_OPENGL=0 and will push a fix for the SDL1 issue shortly.

Thanks for the reports. I can try to reproduce the Raspbian build issue here building on my own Raspberry Pi 3 B. May I ask which version of the Raspberry Pi hardware you are running on?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• EDuke32 Senior Developer

EDuke32 on Raspbian (and Software mode in general) would greatly benefit from a fragment shader to blit the 8bpp screen as a way around the expensive CPU-side 8-bit to 32-bit conversion. JonoF did something like that in JFBuild: https://github.com/j...00dc7f668552b6e

View Postpogokeen, on 11 June 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

Sorry about those issues!

I've just pushed fixes for building with USE_OPENGL=0 and will push a fix for the SDL1 issue shortly.

Thanks for the reports. I can try to reproduce the Raspbian build issue here building on my own Raspberry Pi 3 B. May I ask which version of the Raspberry Pi hardware you are running on?

I´m using a 3 B, GL Drivers with fake KMS.

Edit: Last year i made a cabinet for a friend, using a 3 B, one of the game was Duke3d and it did work great using SDL1. I took a look at the files that used for the project and the version was "eduke32_src_20170412-6120" i tried that version on my 3 B and it is working like a charm with SDL1

This post has been edited by Wild Dog: 11 June 2018 - 07:16 PM

• EDuke32 Developer

Perfect! :) I should be able to work on building for that exact hardware here & fix things up for you.

View PostHendricks266, on 11 June 2018 - 06:36 PM, said:

EDuke32 on Raspbian (and Software mode in general) would greatly benefit from a fragment shader to blit the 8bpp screen as a way around the expensive CPU-side 8-bit to 32-bit conversion. JonoF did something like that in JFBuild: https://github.com/j...00dc7f668552b6e

Mm, that would be good. I'll take a look and fix up a similar solution for EDuke32.

Thank you very much

• EDuke32 Developer

I've pushed a fix (r6939) for the SDL1 build issues as well as improved palette-conversion & upscaling that should help performance (especially if GL is available). Hopefully that fixes everything and lets you get up and running on Raspbian -- let me know if you're still running into any issues. I haven't had a chance to setup Raspbian on my Pi to test here just yet, but I'm still planning to take a look at it when time permits.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options