• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

E3 2018  "What to watch for?"

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Yeah but this is CD Projekt Red.

View PostAltered Reality, on 10 June 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

Yep. Just like Duke Nukem Forever in 2001.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 10 June 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

Yeah but this is CD Projekt Red.

I think Altered is *totally* justified in being skeptical given the history so far... and that trailer reaches much further than it probably should and almost certainly is giving a false impression of the actual game experience.

However, I'm with you on being willing to bet on CD Projekt pulling something worthwhile off and getting something out that is enjoyable.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Rage 2 looks good
Doom Eternal is a new Doom Hell on Earth
Prey is getting New Game + and a roguelike DLC
New Wolfenstein is both solo and coop

Good E3 so far

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 10 June 2018 - 06:13 PM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

Wow. It's just a teaser but Doom Eternal looks to be exactly like what I've wanted so far. We see some of those monstrous Hell tentacles over the buildings like from the old builds of Doom 4, I absolutely recognize some Doom 2 monsters that we haven't seen since (sporting mostly unchanged desgins by the looks of it), and they're not even calling it Doom 2.

Now all we need is to see some gameplay to make sure it's still a fast paced semi-horde shooter and I'm sold.

• The Sarien Encounter

-Doom Eternal. Woot! (or Doot?) Twice as many demons, more powerful Doom Slayer......but what I'm really looking forward to is more music by Mick Gordon. He said he had recorded over 5 hours worth of music for DOOM. Much of that will probably be used in Eternal. Psyched!

-Rage 2 looks really interesting. I was really disappointed with Rage 1. I love the art style here and the locations just look really interesting to visit. Also, I enjoyed the band who played the opening theme.

-Also, Quake Champions is free for a week. If you play a single match you get to keep Quake Champions after the trial week is over. Tried it out last night, it's actually kind of fun. I like the challenge-based unlock system. It's also got microtransactions but that didn't feel necessary to me as a player to take advantage of. It wasn't really in-your-face. The music left something to be desired...

-Elder Scrolls Blades is a full complete Elder Scrolls game for mobile and it's free to play. One important feature Todd wanted was to be able to play the game in portrait mode. Oh, another feature is that it'll be on every platform possible from mobile all the way up to VR. So PC, Mac, Swithc, PS4, XBox One, VR, etc. That's pretty cool, even if it is a mobile-like game that will probably have microtransactions. I'll play it.

-Starfield was announced with a logo (bit disappointing we got nothing more than that).

-The Elder Scrolls VI was also announced (not as disappointing, it's just good to have confirmation. 10 seconds of a broad sweeping landscape with no subtitle (it looks actually large though, and not like Skyrim's deceptive fake large design, if that makes any sense). High Rock maybe? Who knows?

-Elder Scrolls Legends digital card game is getting a graphical overhaul, going to all 3 consoles, and is free to play. Cool, I'll try it. Boogie likes it.

It was a lot of future announcement stuff, but man did they put on a good show. I'm even curious about Fallout 76 and I'm not much of a Fallout guy. And I'll be playing Quake Champions more now. Classic fun with a new coat of paint. Overall, I think Bethesda had the best presentation so far. They came out like rock stars, even though some of the script was fairly cringe lol.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 11 June 2018 - 04:41 AM

I'm really surprised by the announcement of a space game by Bethesda, Starfield. I wonder if it'll have anything in common with their cancelled space game The Tenth Planet.

Well, Ubisoft was a disapointment. No Splinter Cell, mostly showing already confirmed games...

New Remedy game called Control
Looks a lot like Quantum Break. I'm down for it

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 11 June 2018 - 07:03 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

Control looks like Inception meets Dr Strange or something.

User is offline   Malgon 

Wow, this E3 actually seemed more interesting than anything in recent memory for me, which is nice for a change. Cyberpunk 2077 and Doom Eternal are definitely at the top of my most anticipated list. I was wondering how much longer CD Projekt Red could hold off on showing anything for Cyberpunk 2077, so hopefully they will start talking about it some more now. I was quite surprised to see the Doom Eternal teaser, even if Bethesda did hint at something on the rise. Definitely pumped after seeing it and trying to discover what might possibly end up in the final game.
I do have to say that even though they were brief acknowledgements, it was surprising that Bethesda had something for both the the long rumoured Starfield, and The Elder Scrolls VI, although I think it will be a while before we see anything substantial for them. The Wolfenstein: Youngblood announcement was also something I wasn't expecting so soon after The New Colossus, but after reading some comments it could be an offshoot game with a smaller scope, rather than the next proper/third installment in the series. Rage 2 also looked a bit more interesting than what we recently saw, so that'll be one to watch. Metro Exodus is probably the only other game I've been looking forward to. All in all, I'm a little bit excited for once after E3!

• The Sarien Encounter

Seeing as the other expandalone Wolfenstein game was similarly titled The Old Blood, it makes sense that this new one Young Blood might be as well.

I'm surprised Doom Eternal is coming so soon. Can't wait to pick it up. I'm even interested in Fallout 76. I might actually go back and try my hand again at FO3 and NV.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 12 June 2018 - 04:34 AM

User is offline   Malgon 

The similarity occurred to me after I read about that, so it does make sense.

Really looking forward to seeing the Doom Eternal Gameplay Reveal on August 10!

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Did they already announce a release date for Doom Eternal? I only know about the gameplay reveal in August.

View PostNightFright, on 12 June 2018 - 05:19 AM, said:

Did they already announce a release date for Doom Eternal? I only know about the gameplay reveal in August.

They only showed the teaser, said details are coming at Quakecon this year.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Well, I guess everything is gonna happen in spring 2019. It's gonna be a busy start into the year. If things go as planned.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 12 June 2018 - 05:37 AM

David Hayter back as Snake in super smash bros

User is offline   xMobilemux 

My E3:
Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

So I'm enjoying mulling over the news for Super Smash Bros Ultimate. All characters from every Smash Bros game ever have returned. Only two new characters: Inkling from Splatoon and Ridley from Metroid. That doesn't rule out future DLC characters, though. Just getting all the characters and a lot of the stages back is enough for me, though. Bravo.

Yeah that shit is crazy.
Yet my friends will still just all pick OG Link

• The Sarien Encounter

My brother and I used to have 1-on-1 duels in Melee with Marth and Roy, no items, at Final Destination (so, no hazards) with 6-stock and the lowest damage percentage so it would last a long time. Epic battles we had. Then they removed Roy in Brawl and he had to resort to Ike, which was interesting because it became more dynamic and less similar. He moved away by the time Smash 4 came out and I never had a Wii U until last year so we never got to relive our glory days with Marth vs Roy. However, now that Smash Ultimate is coming out, we can online.

New info about Remedy's Control:
The entire game takes place within a single building, however its always changing. It's said to be magical and otherwordly.
It's a Metroidvania game where you can get powers to reach areas you couldn't before.
It's Sandboxy in a way and has sidequests and alternate paths. It's not open world, though.
You use powers like telekinesis and can hurl objects or bring them in to shield yourself from damage.

It looks like Quantum Break except with more varied and smoother combat. I am totally on board.
I'm still interested in their multiplayer game they are making, too.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 13 June 2018 - 07:48 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

Metroidvania? I'm sold.

User is offline   M.C. Jammer 

• Richard Shead 2: Banned Harder

The Resident Evil 2 remake trailer looks badass. RE 2 was the first RE game I've ever played. I've been hooked since.

View PostHulkNukem, on 13 June 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

New info about Remedy's Control:
The entire game takes place within a single building, however its always changing. It's said to be magical and otherwordly.
It's a Metroidvania game where you can get powers to reach areas you couldn't before.
It's Sandboxy in a way and has sidequests and alternate paths. It's not open world, though.
You use powers like telekinesis and can hurl objects or bring them in to shield yourself from damage.

It looks like Quantum Break except with more varied and smoother combat. I am totally on board.
I'm still interested in their multiplayer game they are making, too.

RING... RING...
- "Hello, this is Remedy, how can I help you?"
- "Hello, this is Sony. Could you make a version of Quantum Break for PS4?"
- "Sorry, no, it would be a contract breach."
- "Could you at least mod it in some way? Change the title? Maybe change the main character's gender, so that it's less misogynist?"
- "Let me check, I'm not sure we have control over that... hmm... control... control... yeah, we can do that, and we even have a title ready to use!"

User is offline   M.C. Jammer 

• Richard Shead 2: Banned Harder

View PostAltered Reality, on 14 June 2018 - 08:13 AM, said:

RING... RING...
- "Hello, this is Remedy, how can I help you?"
- "Hello, this is Sony. Could you make a version of Quantum Break for PS4?"
- "Sorry, no, it would be a contract breach."
- "Could you at least mod it in some way? Change the title? Maybe change the main character's gender, so that it's less misogynist?"
- "Let me check, I'm not sure we have control over that... hmm... control... control... yeah, we can do that, and we even have a title ready to use!"

That is funny, but when has Remedy ever halfassed it? I would wait until the game is released before calling it a derivative mod or clone. It looks like they're just taking the elements that worked from their previous game and improving them. I think it's too early to judge if it's not original enough.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostMark Charles, on 14 June 2018 - 04:58 PM, said:

That is funny, but when has Remedy ever halfassed it?

With Quantum Break? Don't get me wrong, I like Remedy but that game was the definition of mediocre AAA crap.

Quantum Break wasn't half assed, its just that a ton of the work went into writing and shooting a TV show and working the game around it. No matter what you think of the quality, a crap ton of work went into Quantum Break.

You can say a game like Far Cry 5 and it's DLC (so far) was half-assed, though.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 16 June 2018 - 08:47 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostHulkNukem, on 16 June 2018 - 08:47 PM, said:

Quantum Break wasn't half assed, its just that a ton of the work went into writing and shooting a TV show and working the game around it. No matter what you think of the quality, a crap ton of work went into Quantum Break.

Sure but if I want to watch a tv show then I won't start playing a videogame. The concept is terrible, the execution is terrible, the story is bad (that's a first for Remedy), the game itself is short and the PC port is a piece of dogshit. If that's not half-assed then I don't know what is. Alan Wake was flawed a bit too but compared to QB it's a masterpiece.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 16 June 2018 - 10:39 PM

You are missing the point
They didn't just fart out the game over a weekend and take the rest of the several years long development cycle twiddling their thumbs. The game was a massive undertaking and tried doing a lot of things not really tried before in gaming.
You can call Quantum Break a lot of things, just don't call it half-assed.

• The Sarien Encounter

Half-assed means they didn't put any effort into it. That's obviously not the case. Whether it sucks or not is a completely different story.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options